“Excellent Thai, Long Wait”
Review of Bamboo Leaf

Bamboo Leaf
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We arrived at The Bamboo Leaf about 8:30pm on a Saturday day and opted for takeout since the wait for a table for 2 people was 40 minutes. We waited nearly an hour for our takeout to be ready. It seemed they may have been short on kitchen help. The restaurant was full inside and outside with a line of people waiting. That said, the food was excellent and we highly recommend The Bamboo Leaf. We will return when in the area. Just be sure to make a reservation if you don't have the time to wait, and especially if you have a larger party.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

Had received a gift certificate for our birthdays. Tried going on a Saturday without a reservation...over an hour wait. Therefore, made a reservation for a Wednesday and a good thing we did. Promptly honored. Wonderful menu with many choices. We shared a vegetable spring roll which could have been a little less greasy but tasted good. But the main courses were delicious. My wife had the stir fry ginger chicken and I had lemongrass shrimp. Can't wait to go back again or take out and eat on the porch. Service was excellent and staff was very friendly.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

By far one of the best Thai food restaurants in Central Jersey. They offer more than the just the traditional, showcasing unique dish combinations to satisfy any foodie!

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We’re from the D.C. area and are privy to many amazing Asian restaurants and I’m Asian myself so it was nice to find some solid Asian food in an area famous for pizza and sandwiches. As other reviewers said, just beware that they don’t serve alcohol but you can bring and drink your own for a fee. If you really truly like spicy food, just ask for “Thai” spicy and they’ll deliver. The seafood Tom Yum soup is one of the best I’ve had anywhere. WOW! And the serving is huge. The Pad Thai was ok. I’ve never had this dish with such thin rice noodles so it didn’t taste quite right to me as these thin noodles really changed the flavor of the dish for me. To be fair,though, the chicken in the Pad Thai was juicy and delicious...and I don’t even like breast meat. My bf’s drunken noodles dish was simply amazing! The portions of Pad Thai and drunken noodles were ridiculous. One dish could’ve easily fed two hungry people. Mango with sticky rice was as good as any we had as well. Great service, too. Would definitely return here (with alcohol) if we lived in the area!

Reviewed January 27, 2018

They don't honor your reservation. Despite having a reservation, they had us wait for over 45 minutes. Before giving us a table, they nearly gave it away by asking people in general whether anyone is waiting for a 2 or 3 seater table, this despite having our name on their list as a party of three and we were the next ones to get a table. The hard bar stool chair were not comfortable. They take forever to take your order. Then you wait nearly an hour to get your food. They serve a burnt rice dish. The red curry was good - about the only good thing about this experience.