“divine place”

Sri Venkateswara Temple
Reviewed February 10, 2017

This is one of the prominent temples in bridgewater new jersey.Very well maintained. The grandeur of the temple is to be seen. The area of temple is also quite big. Even the food cooked inside was delicious. Worth visiting once if toy happen to be there.

1  Thank AbhinavKumar2001
"lord"
in 6 reviews
"blessings"

Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful temple. Good for Hindu religious prayers with lot of important idols of gods with priests to help you out with queries

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Great place of worship , all deities, neat and clean though still renovation going on. Check the timings on weekdays before on net.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

The temple is one of the most prominent Hindu temples of Tri States area. The practices of the rituals in the sanctum may differ a bit from the traditional customs of India, but overall the priests do most of the steps. There's a fair degree of commercialisation, but the people are willing to pay. For thousands of Indians in far away areas of Tri State, this is the best temple around offering a wide range of ritual services and infrastructure to perform the Pooja/religious functions.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I took my mum to this temple earlier this year. (Took me a while to realize I can review a temple). My husband and I got engaged at this temple in 1997. We have visited this temple over the years as its grown.

We were about to leave as we had finished our prayers and walked around the altars etc. My mom was disappointed that none of the priests offered prasad or teerth (this will make more sense to those who are familiar with Hindu temple rituals). We had to ask for it. This was ridiculous enough. I was then startled to see one of 3 priests, all sitting on the floor by the main altar, giggling and sharing something with each other on their cell phones!!! Besides the fact that there were glaring posters all around telling us to switch our cells off and no photography etc..in the effort to get people to focus on their purpose in the main altar-hall. I was astounded at their lack of respect, regard, and the 'we are holier than thou attitude.'

I have never been fond of Hindu temples where priests think they are gods gift to mankind and the only way we can connect to god. Anyway... I went and complained at the front desk as politely as possible in order not to make a scene at a place of worship. But I should not have been worried as the gentleman at the desk was unfazed and simply listened and said 'oh, hmm'.

Anyway... I hope the temple stands up and humbly acknowledges it's issues, and treats it's devotees with respect and love and not a 'they deign to give you teerth and prasad and their very presence'

Today, my parents wish to visit this temple that holds a special place in our hearts from our association over the years. It's the 9th day of Navratri and I will take them there and hope we have a pleasant communion with God.

5  Thank Hema A. B