“Hotel from Hell”

Americas Best Value Inn - Bridgewater
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bridgewater
Reviewed 11 October 2014

Americas Best Value is just a licensing company they don't own the hotel. I knew we were in trouble when we went into the office and the floor was filthy. We were in Somersville for a funeral. The other hotel in town was full so we were trapped. The person behind the counter was Asian and she didn't understand us and we couldn't understand her. Finally my friend took the reservation sheets and handed them to us to fill out. The rooms were horrifying They were dirty there were no blankets just the bedspread. When I asked for a blanket I was told I had one (the bedspread) and the desk person hung up on me. The next day I had to take a shower, the tub had black smudges on the wall and small black hairs above the shower head. I'm only 5'3" so they couldn't be mine. The breakfast was 3 boxes of cereal and milk along with 7 pieces of white bread in the refrigerator. The coffee was ink like. I could go on and on. For this they gave us a deal. They only charged us $69.99 per room. That is no deal.

Room Tip: Run as fast as you can away from this place.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cedarridge2014
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Bridgewater

Reviewed 23 September 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel with truck parking. The only entrance that was truck friendly was blocked by barricades. We could not access the parking lot at all.
The room was a dump. Not even a bath mat. We were out in 5 hours.
After turning in the key,we were still within sight of the office, we realized my co-driver left her eye glasses on the table in the room. She returned to the office to retrieve them. When she told the clerk about the situation his response was "What do you want me to do?" We would neither give her the key or get the glasses for her.
I had to return to the office and be very assertive and he promptly gave me the key.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michele J
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Exactly what you'd expect from a $69/night place. We were on our way to Hershey and the Crayola Experience with the kids and stayed must of the way there.

While I wouldn't classify our stat as bad, it was definitely not nice. Amongst the bad things to say, he room smelled musty, like it had been weeks since anyone was in there. While may wife was showering, the water turned to intolerably hot without touching the knobs. It was difficult to adjust to a reasonable temperature.

The phone was not connected so we could not even calk the front desk, we had to walk to get the things we needed.

Lastly and most concerning, there was a dead bug in between the sheets that we didn't find until we were preparing to leave.

All in all, its exactly what you would expect from a run down budget motel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank tbakerweb
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was booked at this motel for two nights after an issue with my original reservation at another hotel. I arrived around midnight (beware, GPS does not differentiate between 22E and 22W, making this place hard to find if you are relying on navigation) and got to my room quickly. The room was horrifying. I was unable to run the AC unit and have a light on in the room without intermittent power loss. The bed was extremely uncomfortable to the point that I ended up folding the beadspread up in an attempt to get some sort opf soft surface to lay on. There was no iron in the room and the room was dirty and run down. I cancelled my second night. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at a motel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank awesternone
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed one night. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. WI-FI was excellent. The room was a little musty, but I always carry a spray can of Frebreezewhen I travel. Solved that issue right away. Very Good Value. I will stay here again. Red Lobster is across the parking lot. Staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Parking area is well lit on all sides. Easy access off Rt 22. Red Lobster is across the parking lo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

When I stayed here past, I got put in a room that was right next to where I guess some of the employees live haha. The rate is cheap the continental breakfast they say doesn't exist. I would recommend only if you need a night to yourself or been driving for a long long time

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Came to Long Island to visit grand kids. Rates are affordable, clean quiet and friendly staff. We stayed for 5 days 4 nights. Close to shops and prime restaurants. Rooms are average size and perfect to get a good night's rest after a long day of sight seeing and fun with the grand kids. I will stay at this Motel again in our future visit to Long Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgewater
0.2 km away
Bridgewater Marriott
#4 of 6 in Bridgewater
8.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!