“Very Good”
Review of Di Sopra

Di Sopra
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Caldwell
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Description: Di sopra Located in Caldwell New Jersey, Serving contemporary Italian cuisine. Featuring fresh pasta, risotto and various seafood, chicken and meat specialties. Located on the second floor, the ambiance of our dining room creates a classic home feel found only in Italy's finest village bistros. Come experience exceptional service and creative cuisine.
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

This review is based on two meals in the last few weeks. And we'll be going back again.

The restaurant is located on the second floor - I do not know if there is an elevator - I suggest calling the restaurant to ask about access for handicapped people.

The decor is tasteful and relaxing. It is uncrowded. It is quiet with jazz plying softly in the background ... easy to converse at the table.

Service is friendly and informative but maybe a little slow. However, once orders are placed, the food is prepared quickly.

Every dish is unique and well prepared. Portions are generous. Highlights: the meatball appetizer, the gnocchi appetizer, any salad, the chicken Marsala, the fettuccine, and the desserts.

Parking is on the street nearby, no parking lot belonging to the restaurant- not a problem.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Skater741
There are newer reviews for Di Sopra

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Great food; great, simple ambiance; great service; not too expensive; byob. All these characteristics equate to a restaurant you must put on your list.

I liked how the tables were positioned against each other, so you do not feel as if you are on top of the people sitting at the table next to you. I love the smaller rooms so even if the place is packed, it does not feel packed. I liked the décor and felt like I was in a restaurant in the village. I had the gnocchi and scallop appetizers. Both were very large. I then ate the salmon and my girlfriend had the blackened snapper. I loved them both but preferred the snapper. We then had the "flourless" chocolate cake.

I will definitely repeat.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I recently had dinner at Di Sopra. The meal was wonderful. The restaurant had wonderful service and the staff did not rush us at all.

A TripAdvisor Member
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

This was my second time visiting and I was so tempted to order the veal Milanese again because I enjoyed it sooo much on my first visit. I decided to be daring and instead ordered the orecchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe which was outstanding!! The Caesar salad is also excellent and, you absolutely have to save room for one of the many calorie worthy desserts. I highly recommend this restaurant and suggest calling ahead for reservations because it is quickly becoming very popular.

A TripAdvisor Member
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

We absolutely love the atmosphere, food, and service at this second floor, quaint restaurant. We have a diverse group of friends with finicky preferences making it somewhat difficult to find a place everyone loves. This is no longer a problem.....it was like a competition of who's entree was better than who's. The desserts are just as amazing! We plan to visit quite often! Thanks for a wonderful time!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member