All reviewscontinental breakfastgrant streetfront porchwedding guestsquaint hotelfive minute walkqueen roomvictorian charmfew blocksstreet parkingan older hotelyogurtsecond floornice staybeds were very comfortablehistoric districtrocking chairs
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We have been coming to Cape May for our 10 years. Every summer we try to find a new property. This time we happened upon a deal at the Hotel Alcott. It was a pleasant surprise. We were warmly welcomed at the front desk. The two women were extremely patient with all of my questions.

We loved the continental breakfast. You can choose to sit inside or outside. The wait staff were friendly and quick.

I liked that we could leave our belongings in the library on the day we checked out. We were able to stay at the beach all day on Sunday, collect our items from the hotel, change in the downstairs bathroom and be on our way.

I did think the harpist was a lovely evening touch. As you made your way downstairs, we were greeted by lovely music. Next time, we hope to eat at the restaurant.

If you like to end your evening by rocking on the front porch, you will have a wonderful opportunity to do so.

Room Tip: Please be aware there there are not any elevators. I saw mother's struggling to pull their baby carriages up to the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Hotel Alcott was an amazing place to stay. Walking distance to many restaurants, shops and beach. Very clean! I stayed here with my husband and my sister and brother in law and we were all quite pleased with the hospitality of the staff!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the quiet ambience of this historic hotel on the edge of the historic district. Staff was friendly and library was nice. Accommodations clean and comfortable . A nice walk from the restaurant with a great bar.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed no close parking lot, but had to find spot on side streets. First night hard to sleep with loud noises from multiple A/C units outside window
Moved to another room next night, but again had loud noises, this time from water pipes. Breakfast had bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice, etc. But the banana-strawberry yogurt was dated use by 9/25/17 when we were there 9/30/17. The hotel itself is a beautiful place and close to beach/washington mall area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 791warrend
Reviewed September 25, 2017

My wife and I went to the hotel Alcott for our 25th anniversary. It is a true Victorian hotel, 2nd oldest in Cape May. It’s like stepping back in time from the lobby to our room. The queen room is big enough for two. If not for the tv you think you went back 100 years. The room was beautiful and clean the bed very comfortable. Sandy the GM is a sweetheart and very helpful and the staff is friendly. There is a free continental breakfast everything offered was fresh, I suggest eating on the front porch. Yes there is no elevator but they did not have 100 years ago so no big deal. Parking may be 5 or 6 blocks away you’re going to walk everywhere any way again no big deal. The beach is 1 block away and the center of town is a short walk. We highly reckoned the hotel Alcott. Only one thing disappointed me for a 140 year old hotel they do not have ghost so sad.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family