All reviews no elevator union park restaurant front porch across the street convention center top floor rocking chairs historic hotel style hotel bike rental people watch mini golf water pressure the location is perfect get away washington mall ocean
Reviewed December 12, 2016

Our first visit to this hotel as we normally stay at the B&B's located in Cape May...this was a very busy weekend and everything was sold out! I found the last room and booked our weekend stay at The Macomber. The price is very affordable! The hotel sits across from the ocean and our room had ocean views. Our room was nicely furnished, very clean and very quiet. Our bed seemed new and was not as comfortable as we had been used to, but it's hard to be comfortable in a bed you are not used to, even though it was memory foam. The heat needed to be turned down and we had to open the windows because it was so hot in the room...it was freezing outside so it was nice to come back to a warm cozy room, it just became too warm during the night. Our bathroom was small but it was clean and everything looked pretty new. The hotel is located within walking distance of restaurants and shopping and situated across from the beach. The entry parlor, which was decorated for Christmas, has a warm fireplace, coffee and tea for guests. It also has books and games for quests to enjoy. It isn't stuffy or too fancy, it is comfortable and the hotel staff is friendly and welcoming. One of the top restaurants in Cape May is part of the hotel and is very busy in the evening. We will definitely stay here again...I was happy we found our room here.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 have front balconies...ocean view! Pack lightly as there are no elevators and stairs to climb!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna S
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Will cut to the chase. Beds are uncomfortable. Didn't seem to be any padding at all. Still managed to sleep because I was tired, but the hotel really needs to invest in some memory foam toppers. Otherwise, everything was lovely. They honor their history by keeping the decor and furnishings old fashioned which I'm personally fine with. Staff were perfectly friendly, location was great, and was nice having on site parking. Overall, apart from the bed, was a nice stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2016

The room was lovely and well appointed (even a mini fridge). The beds were a different story altogether...... even though there were memory foam mattresses they had retained someone else's memories. I was only able to sleep by laying sideways on the bed. My wife had similar issues. Reception staff was very helpful. All rooms seem to have an ocean view.

Room Tip: Avoid room 38
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Quaint. Friendly. Unique. I am asked to write minimum of 200 words to describe this hotel, however, quaint, friendly and unique best sum up the environment, the hostess, and the vintage hotel. Celebrating 100 years this year, and continuing to keep a cozy and comfortable stay, by providing minimal modern technology, made it perfect for us. Sunrise is beautiful from this location.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came for a wedding and stayed here because the wedding hotel was sold out. I could book through hotels.com which I was happy about because I got the points! The price was great, the hotel was clean and very convenient to everything in town! Right across the street from the beach, which was nice in the morning for a morning walk. Walking distance to all the shops and restaurants! Friendly staff and clean room. It had a little bit of a musty smell, but nothing you can't get used to.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends