See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2017

My girlfriends and I stayed here in July 2017 and we had a blast. Walkable to downtown Cape May where all the shops & restaurants are. The beach is a short walk away with great views of Victorian houses. I will definitely be coming back next year!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra R
dseraile, General Manager at The Cape Winds, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and we are glad to hear you and your girlfriends had a wonderful time. We look forward to your return next year!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

If you want an inexpensive hotel in the center of town, you can't do better than this one. I don't know when those terrible reviews were written, but I was pleasantly surprised to see air purifiers in every room and new filters with each new check in (I saw them on the chairs outside the rooms as we left.) There is no stale odor and I am VERY VERY SENSITIVE to smells and allergic to mold.

There was no noise from the street although I will agree that the walls are thin and I could hear the TV from the next room. Thankfully, they were good neighbors and it was quiet by 10:30pm. If the floors are as thin as the walls, I'm glad I requested a second floor room.

Nice shower/bath (soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower and by the sink). Microwave. 3/4 size fridge. Flat screen TV. Wi Fi was good.

If you really think you will have room service and a bar for this price, you haven't traveled much! Get real!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmoyer_10

We appreciate you taking the time out to provide this feedback to us. Your kind words are sincerely appreciated and we are glad to see that you had a wonderful time down here in Cape May. Please come visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

When we checked into the Cape Winds, the smell of mildew or mold was overwhelming. There was an air purifier running on high when we came in that had no hope of covering it up. The entire room felt damp and after two nights all of our clothes smelled and needed to be washed. We called management who moved us to the room next door. When we came in, there was no smell but it still felt extremely humid. Over the next few nights, even with an air purifier and leaving the AC on, the smell crept into the second room until it was almost as bad as the first one. Other than that, the rooms were dim and shabby. The linen and towels felt old and low quality. The coffee was twice replaced only with decaf, and the pot was not cleaned. The parking lot is not big enough to accommodate all of the guests. To top it off, no one is in the office at the hotel. You check in at a different hotel, then drive to yours. We stayed at Cape Winds because it was a somewhat last minute booking and there were few options. I now know why they still had vacancy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank englerb

Thank you for providing us this insightful feedback. We will be providing this information to the proper channels and get these concerns addressed. Thank you again for choosing the Cape Winds.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Checked into The Cape Winds. Arrived at hotel and upon opening the door to our room we were welcomed by the overwhelming smell of mildew and mold. The carpet and beds were damp. There were little flying insects all over the room. We dropped off our luggage and decided to head to the beach. We arrived back at the room only to find there was no place to park. I called the office which is located at Montreal Resort and asked where I should park. After being put on hold for what seemed like forever I was told to street park. We traveled a mile and could not find a parking spot. I again called the office and was told there was nothing they could do. I mentioned the room smelled of mildew and was told there was nothing they could do. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he would not be in until the next day. I asked what time he would be in and I was told they didn't know. I would have tried to book a room somewhere else but it was July 3 and everything was booked for the holiday. They willingly took my money and offered nothing but excuses in return. We spent as little time as possible in our room due to the conditions. This is the worse place I've ever stayed and the owners don't seem to care how their guest are treated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim S
dseraile, General Manager at The Cape Winds, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

We sincerely apologize for your experience here at the Cape Winds hotel. If you could please reach out to me directly so we can discuss this matter in more detail. My number is (609) 884-7011 ext 162.

Warm Regards,

Dustin Seraile

Reviewed June 29, 2017

We had a horrible stay and tried not to stay in the room longer than we needed to.The room was so humid when we got there and even with the humidifier running 24/7 the entire room was still wet. We dropped off our bags and left the room and didn't think much of it as the humidifier was running. When we got back to the room at 10pm, the room was still humid. It was so humid that even the PJs that we packed in our luggage were damp when we try to put it on. The carpet was damp as well so we kept our shoes on the whole time. There's no front desk on site (everyone checks in at Montreal Resort) so we called the number given. They said that they can't do anything about it that night and that they'll let the owner know. The next morning, we woke up without any water so we couldn't use the toilet or get ready at the hotel. We called the number which patched us to the front desk at the Montreal Resort about 1/2 mile away and they said that a pipe's burst and they're working on it and that we can go to the Montreal to use their public restroom. What we realized is that they were digging right behind our room and the pipe burst was right under our room. No wonder the room was wet! It's probably been leaking for a while and finally gave way. They didn't offer any refund to our room or even to move us. We had plans for the day so couldn't stick around and wait for water to get ready and took our stuff to the breakfast place to brush our teeth and to get ready. When we got back to the room that night, the humidity didn't improve and we all felt it was worse. My daughter complained that the bed was wet and couldn't go to sleep. The bedspread, pillows, sheets were all disgustingly wet. We called that evening again and again, they said that they couldn't do anything now and that they would let the owners know. The next morning, my daughter woke up with an awful cough and is now sick. We never got a call back. There was no sincere apology and no attempt to make it right.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Betty_Boop_999

We sincerely apologize about the inconvenience you had during your stay at the Cape Winds. The situation with water was unforeseen and we were immediately on site to do the emergency repair once the we were notified of the pipe burst. In regards to the conditions of your room, can you please contact me at (609) 884-7011 ext. 162 so they we can discuss this in more detail.

Warm Regards,