All reviews tapestry room tower suite west cape my husband and i rose room coffee cake front porch crackers beach chairs other guests bed and breakfast homemade cookies afternoon tea enclosed porch within walking distance great hosts bike ride
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am an avid user of trip advisor and once again they were right, the Albert Stevens Inn was nothing short of a grand experience. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the witty and all knowing of Cape May, Jim. He had us feeling at home the moment we set down our luggage and we were supplied with all the information needed to make our short stay a memory that will not be forgotten. We stayed on the first floor in the "Study" which was tastefully decorated and I can't remember a time I slept more sound. From the delicious breakfast to the afternoon treats, we were always greeted with a smile and great conversation. I think that our experience with the Albert Stevens Inn was one that has been perfected in such a way, that we were already planning our next stay before we even checked out. Thank you Jim and Lenanne for making our getaway from the grind wonderful, it was just what we needed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey K
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Came with my girlfriend for a simple weekend away. By far the best BnB experience. The owners Jim and Lenane were unbelievably helpful and friendly. They were very involved with the experience. Even during the winter season, they gave us tons of suggestions for things to do around the area. The breakfasts could not have been better and the chocolate cookies were so good that I was tempted to bring the whole platter to our room. The rooms are absolutely immaculate. Right before we left we were pleasantly caught in a conversation about the interesting history of the house and were given a peak at the other rooms. Tough choice is... which one do we pick when we come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I came here last year for my birthday weekend getaway. We had been to Cape May several times before but we had never done a "B&B." We used TripAdvisor to select the Albert Stevens Inn. There is a reason, well many reasons, that this is the #1 B&B in Cape May. The first ones are the proprietors, Jim and Lenanne. They were absolutely wonderful and accomodating. They take great pride in their B&B and truly go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. Jim was full of helpful information and suggestions about restaurants, things to do, nightlife; he was happy to make dinner reservations for us as well. Second, the property is beautiful; immaculately maintained. We stayed in the Study on the first floor. The room was very nice, comfortable, great sleeping and quiet even on the first floor near common areas. Third, the breakfast and afternoon refreshments were amazing. Again thanks to Jim and Lenanne on those. Fourth, we walked everywhere. We only used the car once during the weekend to drive to bird sanctuary.

We thoroughly enjoyed our B&B weekend at the Albert Stevens Inn. A charming, quaint B&B with modern amenities.

March is the off-season but there was plenty open and open in Cape May to make it a very enjoyable weekend. I am looking forward to going back in a few months.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GalThatTravels
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband & I have stayed there numerous times over the years. We still feel that the Albert Stevens is the most hospitable, relaxing & comfortable B&B experience we've ever had in Cape May - not to mention what a delicious & filling breakfast they have always served!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucky69
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Albert Stevens Inn in Cape May. We went for a relaxing getaway and this was the perfect place. Jim, the owner & his wife were very welcoming and helpful with lots of suggested places to visit and dine. They Inn was beautifully decorated for the Christmas holiday. Our room was spotless and very comfortable with our own bath (We stayed in the Tapestry Room). The place is located a short walk from the mall or the beach so you don't need to move your car unless you want to use it. They have a nice enclosed porch with coffee, tea, & home made cookies available all day. This room was a great place to meet some other guests and compare notes about Cape May. Our breakfast was also superb. Overall this place deserves the rating everyone gives it. We would go back there again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family