All reviews tapestry room tower suite west cape my husband and i rose room coffee cake front porch crackers beach chairs other guests bed and breakfast homemade cookies afternoon tea enclosed porch within walking distance great hosts bike ride
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My friend and I decided we needed a girls' weekend away. We chose Cape May and decided on the Albert Stevens Inn based on the value, location, 3-course breakfast included, AND wine and cheese at 4pm EVERY DAY! Our stay was comfortable with gracious and accommodating hosts, wonderful food for breakfast every morning, convenient location within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. Our hosts were always willing to help us with restaurant and activity suggestions and making reservations when needed. Hopefully, we'll return to Cape May in the future and would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Albert Stevens Inn for our honeymoon in August (I have been meaning to write a review for a while now!). The room we stayed in was The Study, and it was gorgeous - huge, well decorated, impeccably clean, with a lovely bathroom. The decor was very elegant and sleek without being fussy. Obviously, it included all of the usual amenities (fridge, hair dryer, sewing kit, lotion, etc) The inn was full when we stayed there, but it was very quiet - I never heard any of the other guests coming and going during the night and early morning. Also, there is a parking area behind the inn for guests - very, very convenient.

Jim was a fantastic host. From the moment we arrived, he went out of his way to help us have a great stay. We arrived in town with only one dinner reservation (later in the week), and Jim recommended all of our other meals, plus made the reservations for us. All of his recommendations were exactly what we were in the mood for - the only meal that we didn't enjoy was the reservation we had made ourselves (at a fine dining restaurant that got rave press reviews but that Jim said was overrated...we should have listened to him). I also went for multiple massages at The Well Center for Massage (I showed them my room key and got a discount on all of their services).

The inn is in a good location - an easy walk to the beach, restaurants, shopping, flea market, mini-golf, etc. Jim also showed us the way to a quiet swimming beach with small, gentle waves that was practically empty (two things I've never experienced at the Jersey Shore). There are bicycles for guests to use, and we took a morning bike ride every day along the promenade, as well as biking to the beach. (The backpack chairs were a great touch!).

Finally, the food at the Albert Stevens Inn is exceptional. I take my breakfasts very seriously, and so do Jim and Lenanne - everything was delicious and beautifully presented. We also appreciated that there were both communal tables and smaller "two-seaters" - everyone staying at the inn was very friendly, but in the mornings (especially since it was our honeymoon), it was nice to be able to eat breakfast on our own. We had to check out very early on our last day, but Jim and Lenanne still made us breakfast despite the early hour. The afternoon tea with homemade cookies, crackers, cheese, dips, etc was wonderful - my husband ate a ridiculous amount of the cookies every day.

Fantastic service, elegant, romantic, charming...the Albert Stevens Inn has it all!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The house is gorgeous, the rooms are stunning, the food is to die for, and the the hosts are the warmest/friendliest people you will ever meet! We felt so at home and so relaxed. It's close to everything, yet out of the hustle and bustle of the crowds. They have several beach cruiser bikes that my husband and I used to ride all over town. Cape May is one of the most beautiful places on Earth... I didn't want to leave. We'll definitely be back to this B&B....simply wonderful!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Our stay at the Albert Stevens Inn was perfect in all aspects. Jim and Lenanne were wonderful hosts providing detailed directions to hot spots in Cape May as well as their reviews of local restaurants. The rooms were so relaxing and modernized, but just enough for convenience, while maintaining the history of the property. The breakfast dishes each day were spectacular! The afternoon tea/coffee/wine and snacks hit the spot. This was our first stay at a bed and breakfast and most certainly not our last. We will be back to the Albert Stevens Inn and we recommend the Inn to anyone wishing for a carefree get-a-way.
Graig and Val

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My husband and I just spent another fun, relaxing and beautiful time at the Albert Stevens Inn. Jim and Lenanne who are so professional see to it that their guests are always well taken care of.

The accommodations, breakfasts, afternoon snacks and the whole atmosphere of the inn is first-rate. There is always such a nice, diverse group of people staying there. Many of them are repeat guests just like us.

It's no surprise to note how highly rated they have become.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple