All reviews heritage inn within walking distance one bedroom suite washington street mall kitchen area half block restaurants and shopping definitely stay here again ice machine beach avenue my husband and i southwinds gwen units motel kitchenette appliances
Reviewed June 27, 2016

My family and I took a trip to Cape May at the last minute on a June weekend and were thankful to have found The South Winds. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was great! The owners were as nice as could be and had just recently renovated our room and it had everything we needed. The South Winds is super close to one of the best beaches in Cape May. No pool, but would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are likely quieter as there is no carpeting and you could sometimes hear tenants above.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara B
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon on Friday June 17,2016 ... and we were very lucky we found a nice hotel to accommodate us so quickly ... I posted some pics ... Our hotel stay was excellent , staff was very genuine , friendly, very clean , has all the necessities that you would need .. Dishware etc... We are looking forward to returning for our 1 year anniversary... This hotel holds a special place in our heart ... It's our home away from home ...

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DinkyBaby
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

My visit to South Winds was even better than I could have expected. We had the single suite with two double beds, a separate sitting area, a kitchen area, and a nice clean bathroom. Everything was fresh and clean. The South Winds is located a half block from the beach, with beach access at the end of the street. The area is very quiet and inviting. There was no street noise at all. We had the windows open at night, and could hear the ocean. Gwen was fantastic, even recommending some places to eat and some shops to visit. She was on target with her suggestions. I will be back to stay here with no intentions of seeking any other accommodations on our next visit to Cape May. I highly recommend South Winds!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank DawnT213
Reviewed June 21, 2016

When we arrived Friday morning, we were advised by Mark, the manager that we were the first people to stay with them since they renovated this spring. The Heritage Inn located down the road on Beach Ave is their sister motel, we were informed that they are one of the last mom and pop operations in Cape May. The hotel itself was beautifully renovated with almost brand new everything in all of the guest rooms and exterior. That being said everything was spotless and very clean.The king mattress was very comfortable, fast free wifi and the kitchenette was a perk to be able to fix lunch for the beach and store things in the refrigerator. Being their first weekend open there was a few odds and ends that weren't in the room, such as an iron, which upon asking Mark he was quick to have someone drive one over for us to use for the weekend. The South Winds is conveniently located across the street from some of the nicest beaches in the country, at a price that keeps some money in your pocket for the great restaurants and nightlife located nearby. Thanks to Mark and his crew for an awesome weekend, looking forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple