“Impressive Zoo”

Cape May County Park & Zoo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Have a wild time as you explore more than 85 acres of beautifully maintained exhibits. With 200 different species of mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles and approximately 500 animals, you're sure to see something new. The Cape May County Zoo is open 364 days a year (closed Christmas). Summer Hours: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Winter Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. beginning November 1st. No admission fee. That's right! The zoo is free of charge! Donations are GREATLY appreciated! Join the FUN, where the admission is always FREE!
Reviewed October 30, 2017

This must be the best free zoo in the country. We thought this would be a relatively small local zoo but felt this was in the league of some of the best zoos we have been to... and it is free, amazing!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)
All reviews
"free admission"
in 39 reviews
"snow leopard"
in 33 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 29 reviews
in 35 reviews
"train ride"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I've been to Cape May on summer vacation numerous times and this past summer was the first time to visit the Cape May County Park & Zoo. First of all, admission is Free. You heard right --FREE!!! I did give a donation and am glad I did because this is a fabulous zoo not only for families but for old ladies like me and my sisters as well as solo travellers. Plan to be there about 2 hours. What a nice treat !

Reviewed October 16, 2017

The Cape May County Park & Zoo is so great especially if you are traveling with children. How many zoos can you visit that are free of charge??? It's not too big so not too tiring to walk around.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I took our 6 year old son here this past weekend and we all loved it! We were spending the weekend in Wildwood so this was a short 20 minute ride away. The close and free parking is definitely appreciated and the playground area just outside the entrance is awesome. Obviously love the free admission as well but it would still be worth it even if we had to pay. I thought the variety of animals was great and my son was thrilled seeing so many of his favorite animals. He also got a kick out of the birds who wander around the facility :) I thought it was very clean with a lot of restrooms and eating areas. The food and drink were a little pricey but they have to make money somehow. I also liked the gift shop and thought that the $5 and under section was great. It was really nice to have some reasonably priced items among the more expensive souvenirs. In general, we all really enjoyed the zoo and had a great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

The Cape May County Park & Zoo is one of the County’s Hidden Gems! Wonderful park facilities & a remarkable zoo. It’s a blessing that families who cannot afford expensive outings for their families have access to such terrific facilities. No admission fees are charged....instead a donation at the gate is requested.

Although the beaches may be the County’s most notable attractions, the zoo should not be missed. It is fun & educational for all age groups. A perfect alternative outing when the family is sunburned or looking for a change from the beach.

Large parts of the zoo have elevated wooden boardwalks for viewing the animals, and a lot of the zoo is shaded, which is a pleasant relief from the scorching sun.

I can’t say enough good things about it! You owe yourselves a visit!