New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Carlstadt
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Told by Corporate, I am less important than the hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I called to change my reservation and was told it wasn't a problem if I would rebook with the same hotel for the same number of days. I was told to call back with the dates. When I called back, they said they wouldn't change it and they were going to keep the $600+ deposit. Charlotte Stevens was condescending and told me that she would not help me any more because the hotel was more important than I was; a 20 year rated Priority Club Member. If they are not willing to help or work with me, what do you think they are willing to do for you. Needless to say, after 20 years and over 600 nights with them, I will never stay in one of their hotels again. There are plenty who would love the business. This just isn't one of them.

Room Tip: Find a different chain of hotels to try. Why choose one that has proven to not care about their lon...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lightingguy68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear lightingguy68,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were in the area for a conference--unfotunately, not at the Meadowlands! The hotel is located near major highways and the turnpike--not exactly scenic, but convenient. Overall, we've been pleased with Holiday Inn Express, and felt this one was superlative. The room was larger than expected, with a small sitting and kitchen area; comfortable bedding; nice bathroom with plenty of room and a good shower with lots of hot water. Breakfast was decent; we didn't have a chance to use the pool.

Most importantly, it was CLEAN. As in spotless. I LOVE that.

The staff was friendly and helpful--and seemed to enjoy their jobs. It was truly a pleasant stay (hey, it's northern New Jersey!) and we would definitely stay again.

The staff

Room Tip: We were in #304 and thought the room was just fine. I would imagine the ones by the elevator would b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NoVAdiver
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
I would like to extend my sincere thanks for having chosen Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review. It was indeed our privilege to serve you, we are so proud to have you as our guest. We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with most memorable experience. Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using IHG Hotels for your future travel needs.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hotel is in need of updating. Leaky shower head; door lock broken; and empty ice machine were among the lowlights.

Reward gift upon arrival was a cookie in a bag and a bottle of water. Considering cookies were in abundance the water was the gift. Hey big spenders!

Notice HI Express appearance in decline overall. This one among the worst.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear SimmJim,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
White Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel from The Poconos to New Jersey several times a month to visit family/friends. My first choice of hotel is this location. Easy access, friendly staff, always upgraded because of Priority Club status. Never disappointed !!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband, son and I stayed there all last week. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was plenty to tide us over until a mid-afternoon meal. A little difficult to get to if you are not familiar with the New Jersey "jug handle" turns. I think the concrete median separating the lanes on Paterson Plank Road was added about a year ago, meaning you can't turn left into the lot if coming off of Hwy. 17. You have to go beyond the hotel and then u-turn to get back to the parking lot. Yes, the rooms with odd numbers face out to an industrial park area, but the rooms on the even side aren't too much different. The even numbered side DOES have a view of NYC in the distance from the top floors, but it is mostly obscured. Also, if the room is near the center of the building the flood lights on the outside greatly detract from what little you can see of the nighttime skyline. Overall, a comfortable stay with no major issues and at a decent price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Halton Hills, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Contacted hotel as saw a better deal for this hotel on Hotels.com asked them if they would allow me to book through them and was told they would not honour the deal. I asked them about their better prices guarantee and was advised that it only applies if you book on their IHG website???? Absolutely ridiculous and disappointing will book on Hotels.com

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Flore D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I would like to sincerly apologize for the inconvenience that occur during your stay with us.

It is our goal to consistently provide great customer service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the neccessary actions to ensure similar situations can be provided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We know you have many choises for lodging and we hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

I am very happy with my stay here. They are very fast and polite. I booked only 1 night and I regret for not staying longer. My son and husband had an Awsome time in the pool. There breakfast is delicious. I am very pleased with my stay and I am planning my next trip back here. So close to new York but the toll a little expensive at 12.00 but has nothing to do w the hotel. Thank you to the staff for a great stay. I will Be back

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Elsa6681
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Heartfelt Thank you for sharing all your nice comments. I am pleased to hear that the accommodation and service were to your liking. I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlstadt
1.7 km away
2.2 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 3 in Carlstadt

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands? Share your experiences!