“Amazing Scilian in Collingswood!”
Review of Zeppoli

Zeppoli
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Collingswood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2016

Zeppoli's is small and therefore you must reserve well in advance (several weeks), but it is truly worth the wait. The food was amazing and some of the best Italian we have had. The chef and staff clearly take care in the making of each dish. We had the antipasto platter, the shrimp appetizer, the gnocchi, the rigatoni with eggplant and then for dessert the zepplis and biancomangiare. It was all amazing! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Went for my husband's birthday. The restaurant does not look that attractive from the outside. Inside is very small and tables are very close together. The food is definitely 5 star. The home made gnocchi is like nothing I've ever tasted. I don't typically order gnocchi but our goal was to try as many of the home-made pastas as possible. You can order it as an appetizer or dinner. I recommend the full size dinner! This is byob. It's hard to make a reservation. I had to call several times but definitely worth it!!

1  Thank Beachvacasrbest
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Zeppoli's outstanding reputation and small seating area (36 people) make reservations more than a week in advance a necessity. It has a very limited menu of six entrees plus a special or two. Three courses are ordered separately, and the portions are very small, much more typical of real Italian dining, not mass-produced American portions.

Everything I ordered and everything I sampled from others' orders was out of this world, the best I have ever had. I must especially recommend the Mediterranean stew, which is tomato-based and heavily flavored with saffron.

I wouldn't bother to write this review if I didn't have some slightly negative comments to contribute. The rectangular shape of the room and the absence of any sound-absorbing furniture made it extremely noisy for a small number of [36] diners. So while this a fine dining experience, I would not rate it high on the romantic scale. I would characterize the ambience as peasant Sicilian. The other advice is that if money is an object, you shouldn't go. If you are willing to pay for quality, I could not imagine (and have not had) a better meal.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

This has been nationally rated as one of the top 20 Italian restaurants in the US, and that is no exaggeration. The ambiance is spare, but the food is excellent and the prices reasonable. The only drawback is that it is noisy.

1  Thank Roy C
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

After you've eaten here, u know you've done something right with ur life that brought u here. Appetizers ALL delicicious, gnocchi lite & flavorful-best.
Swordfish- hearty & tasty, homemade pasta & lemon (my favorite), any dessert- all delicious. Zeppolis, like an cinnamon ball donut dipped in creamy chocolate-favorite. Service friendly & professional.
Will return to Zeppolis. Tx to chef Joey Baldino in the kitchen.