“Enjoy the outside dining”

Sogo Hibachi and Sushi Lounge
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed May 17, 2017

This is a great place to enjoy good sushi in a scenic outdoors setting. Good selection of beers on tap, as well as a nice wine list.

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

The decor is very contemporary with interesting lighting. However, the floor was still wet and the place reeked of cleaning solutions when we entered. The menu is enticing, and the food is good, but the service is absolutely awful and SO slow. Slower service is nice for a romantic dinner, but this was a business lunch during the week. The lack of consistent service was nothing short of neglectful. Where is their management? Service is the hallmark of a good restaurant. I have no desire to return.

1  Thank BusyPerson2017
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

The Waitress was just bothered to serve us. Food is ok. There are only two restrooms for the women. We waited twice in line to use the restroom. The decor is nice and the outdoor seating looks beautiful. The cook was nice but the waitress just made the whole experience not good.

1  Thank Megnrn
Reviewed April 11, 2017

I have been to a few Hibachi restaurants in Northern NJ, this one is not that good. Décor is shabby, food average ,and yes rice is extra (really) that is crazy? overall quality good, not worth the money.

3  Thank SteveChrissy2015
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

For me this is THE Sushi place in Denville though I will take my Grandchildren to the Hibachi and I have also choose to have several Birthday Parties there. But we go regularly there with my BFF as it is her favorite place for Sushi, mine too.
I love their Sashimi Platter, their Lobster Sushi and a varieties of hand made Rolls, with their Japanese Beer or Tea.
Great service, great ambiance, great parking place. If you like your Sushi this is the place to go to!

2  Thank Fusun777
Management response:Responded April 12, 2017

Thanks for the amazing review! We are so happy you enjoy our sushi ! We hope to see you, and your grandchildren, very soon. Thanks again!