“Hibachi tables are good for groups ”
Review of SoGo Hibachi

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We love the hibachi tables - and the chefs do all of the classics that you're expecting - the flaming onion tower, flipping the shrimp tails into their hats, flipping food to catch in your mouth, etc. The grilled food is delicious - chicken, steak, shrimp - and do the upcharge for the fried rice - it's worth it! This a place we love for celebrating special occasions with a group.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Hard to believe it's been well over a year since our last visit.
We came for dinner and decided on Hibachi, rather than Sushi.
There were only few tables occupied and we were seated across from a trio, a lady celebrating her birthday with two male companions. My place was sticky, so I moved to the other side of my husband. Told the waitress about the mess (a spilled dried up drink) and she just said "OK"!

We ordered drinks, I had a cocktail, my husband ordered Japanese beer. We put in our order for entrees and waited. It took quite some time until the chef arrived to the table. I think they hoped for more people to be seated at our table before they'd start the show.

The chef was actually trying to entertain and started with the high flames, so high and wide it makes you move back in your seat instinctively. He did all kinds of other tricks, throwing some shrimp pieces at the Birthday lady. When she caught it in her mouth he proceeded to spray thin stream of beer out of a plastic bottle across the table into her mouth until she signaled him to stop. That night the lady drank a lot of Sapporo out of a plastic bottle while we waited for our food to be cooked.

This new addition to the cooking show ( spraying the beer) was less than appetizing, hard to watch and probably a reason why I would not return.

We had a decent soup and Edamame to start, grilled chicken to follow. The noodles included with the entree were served at a much smaller serving than in the years past and the fried rice had to be ordered separately. The chicken was tough, the vegetables skimpy, the noodles and the fried rice were the best part of the dinner.

I don't remember what the bill came to, but it was way too much for a bit of noodles and decent serving of fried rice.

Maybe we were just not in the right mood for the "tacky" show with the beer being sprayed in peoples' mouth and all over the counter.
Oh, and with few others celebrating birthdays at other tables, they hit the gong behind me with full force several times. My ears were ringing:)
It could almost be funny, if it was not so bad....

1  Thank Wenovo
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Family dinner for Father's Day. Everyone enjoyed the cooking show. Modern decor. Food was typical Hibachi.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This is a great place to enjoy good sushi in a scenic outdoors setting. Good selection of beers on tap, as well as a nice wine list.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

The decor is very contemporary with interesting lighting. However, the floor was still wet and the place reeked of cleaning solutions when we entered. The menu is enticing, and the food is good, but the service is absolutely awful and SO slow. Slower service is nice for a romantic dinner, but this was a business lunch during the week. The lack of consistent service was nothing short of neglectful. Where is their management? Service is the hallmark of a good restaurant. I have no desire to return.