“Good Sushi Place”

Wasabi House
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Summary:

This is a very nice Japanese restaurant in East Brunswick. The location at a busy intersection is relatively easy to find and the menu is particularly good for sushi. The food is tasty, the service is good and the atmosphere is rather pleasant. The prices are not bad considering the quality of the experience.

Details:

My colleague and I were in the New Brunswick area on business and needed a place for dinner. I found this spot on TripAdvisor and the ratings looked good. We thought Japanese sounded good so we decided to give it a go.

The location was not too hard to find as it was in a rather busy commercial area. We were staying at the Hilton and it was only a six or eight minute drive. Our only problem was that we did not see the restaurant when we turned on Tices Lane. We went past a little and came back but it was not too inconvenient.

The storefront in the strip plaza was nice enough but nothing special. The interior was likewise pleasant but nothing particularly noteworthy. It was certainly nice enough to create an agreeable atmosphere for a meal. We were seated quickly upon entering and our server attended to us right away. She did a very good job of taking care of us during our visit.

We shared a sushi platter. This came with salads and miso soup. All of our food was rather tasty as we enjoyed it quite a lot. It was a very good meal for business discussions as well.

The prices were not bad considering the type of cuisine and the quality of the experience. The final cost for our sushi platters including drinks, tax and tip was $76 USD. At $38 per person, this was what I would have expected for a place like this.

Overall, this is a very good Japanese establishment. The location is convenient and the menu is particularly good for the sushi. The food is very good, the service is efficient and the atmosphere is pleasant. The prices are not unreasonable for a place like this. I would not hesitate to recommend this spot if you are in the New Brunswick area and fancy sushi.

Reviewed March 2, 2016

Went here on a recommendation. There were about 4 tables occupied when we arrived. Service was very, very slow. I was told their Tuna Sashimi, by the piece was huge (like 3x2) and it was anything but. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I am guessing they serve this in different sizes, maybe larger for their guests who frequent. The rolls that we ordered actually had less fish than any other sushi restaurant we go to, so that was just a tad disappointing. On the other hand, my son's beef teriyaki was the best he ever had. Oh, and you must order the Fire Cracker shrimp and spicy tuna, it too was excellent.

Reviewed February 11, 2016

Great little place with always fresh sushi... Tony rocks! Moved to Middletown and still comeback almost weekly to get my taste of the sea!!! BYOB Ask for fresh wasabi ... its a must!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2016

They have the freshest sushi of any place I've eaten...and I love sushi...Probably shouldnt rave about them because I wont be able to get in!!
Go,you wont be sorry

Reviewed January 13, 2016

I haven't eaten anything bad there. It has a large variety of rolls, and a pretty decent menu. It is typical of most sushi places. You will not be disappointed with the food but there are so many sushi places around equally as good with a nicer decor.