“Lovely find”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Horsham, PA
“Lovely find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Six of us stayed at the Staybridge and found it to be well beyond our expections. I had never stayed at a Staybridge before but certainly will in the future. Our individual bills were efficiently and accurately prepared by Mike at the front desk. I slept like a baby - what a comfortable bed! The breakfast buffet had a wonderful variety of good food, fruits, etc. The kitchen area was well stocked but we didn't need it since we only stayed one night. The common area was great for our group when we played games in the evening. The front doors were surrounded by lovely spring flowers. My only complaint: The computer monitor was at least 1 foot above eye level so I had to stand to see it. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bobodancer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

stayed 1 night for a friend's wedding. the check in process was easy, we were able to get late check out as requested. the room was clean, the breakfast had a good selection. would stay again if needed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

The room I stayed in was clean, comfortable, and very attractive. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bedding was well above average; very comfy. The room also had a comfortable sitting area, desk, and kitchen. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, with scrambled eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, fruit salad, cooked oatmeal (not just packets), a waffle maker, and more. They also offered yummy fresh cookies and fruit in the afternoon. The free wi-fi connection was fast and reliable. I stayed for two nights on a business trip. The only minor downsides I noticed were a slight smell of smoke in the hallway and that I could hear some noise from the room next door.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. I have come to not worry about my reservations at Staybridge Suites and it remains true after this stay. Good food at the evenoing social, only thing different than some others is no free beer. But you do get them 1/2 price during the social and thats OK. Typical breakfast, good room and professional looking staff. There is something to be said for the hotels that have the front desk people looking professional not just in ratty old pull over shirts but nice shirts and ties for the gentlemen and matching blouses for the ladies. It makes a good first impression.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank digger-ace
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Went to some concerts in Asbury Park. I've stayed at many of the hotels on the ocean but they don't offer much and I've found those hotels to be loud and security not very good. If you have a car, this is within 10 minutes of The Stone Pony and there are a lot of extras that the ocean front hotels don't provide. The fitness center is adequate. The breakfast was sufficient. Free Internet was great. The room was comfortable. Since I'm a Holiday Inn club member we were able to get late checkout which was an extra nice benefit since we were out late at the Bars. 2 more hours of sleep was great! Don't have any complaints except it would be nice if 24 hour coffee was available in the lobby. That's one thing other suite hotels do provide.

Room Tip: Good choice for Asbury Park travel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ksdnj
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I had a very important job interview in town, so I was concerned about getting a good nite's rest. This hotel surpassed my expectations in every, single way. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The maintenance workers are pleasant. All of the guests seemed happy, just like me. And the breakfast (with eggs, sausage, bacon and pancakes), with self serve fountain sodas and juices - WOW!

Oh, one last thing: they have opening windows!!! This may not mean a lot to most people, but I need fresh air. Perfect.

If I get this job (fingers are very crossed!), I will most definitely be staying here on a regular basis.

Thanks for a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Had no problem with the smoke issues that were mentioned on someone else's post.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank birdlover22
Greensboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

My wife and I have been staying at this property since 2005. Our experience with Staybridge has always been excellent. Their amenities such as the breakfast buffet and guest laundry (both complimentary) make staying here both enjoyable and convenient. The property is immaculate, the staff is first rate and the location gives easy access to all of the Shore beaches and attractions.
However, this time we came up against an issue that we deem serious enough to make us re-think any future stays. We always take the same 2 bedroom suite on the 4th floor. There are 5 floors in the building. As we were walking down the hall to our room after checking in we noticed an extremely strong odor of cigarette smoke. I went down to the desk to make the manager aware of the situation and he told me (much to my surprise) that there is a smoking room at the end of the hall on our floor! As a matter of fact, there is more than 1 smoking room on that floor even though all of the other rooms on the floor are non-smoking. Why would you combine smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor when there is no way to completely filter out cigarette smoke and odor from the air circulating in the building? I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel that allowed smoking in the guest rooms. And, there is more than ample room outside to accomodate smokers. There were no other non-smoking 2 bedroom suites available so we were stuck.
In all the years we have been staying here, we have never had such an unpleasant experience. To get any relief we had to block our door with pillows to keep the smoke from seeping in from the hall and we had to leave the windows open all the time (New Jersey in December).
I was told that there is a major renovation planned for 2012 and the smoking policy is up for review at that time. We would like to return to Staybridge but if nothing changes, we will be staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott just up the road. Same set-up, same rates and completely smoke-free.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank carmandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
2.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
0.8 km away
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
#3 of 4 in Eatontown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown? Share your experiences!