“Great hotel!”

Sheraton Eatontown Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Eatontown
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great hotel being renovated and already is so nice. Cookies brownies coffee and tea at the front desk. Great restaurant and bar with bar peanuts . They are renovating will be so gorgeous . I highly recommend . Great indoor pool and spa beautiful lobby .

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I don't often write reviews but felt compelled for this establishment. The staff from top to bottom made my stay perfection. Jay at the front desk was knowledgeable, personable and extremely helpful. The entire staff from manager, bar tender and server in the restaurant were tremendous as well. The food was great and the hotel room was very comfortable. Inquire about the newly renovated rooms as they are highly recommend if in the area!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Wow - thank you so much! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and we greatly appreciate your wonderful review. We will be sure to share it with the entire staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I've been staying a this hotel since last year. It's close to Long Branch and Asbury Park if you're looking for a hotel near the beaches and restaurants. Hotel has been recently remodeled. Rooms are bright, clean and chic. What makes this hotel even more amazing is the staff. Everyone is always helpful, friendly, and make checking-in is always a breeze.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Vivaladiva1
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I just waned to say I just recently stayed here and I stay here quite often and the young lady essence at the front desk is phenomenal essence is very helpful however and very sweet the best personality and very down to earth if you every staying in the eatontown area I would stay here and ask for essence I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay

1  Thank mirah2k17
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are very happy to hear that you continuously choose to stay with us at the Sheraton Eatontown Hotel and always have an exceptional stay. We will be sure to share your review with Essence and the rest of the staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I got a chance to stay here and was pleasantly surprised. It all started at the front desk. Essence and Jay were both so welcoming, greeting me with big smiles, like I was a neighbor coming home. They accomodated my every need.

I was able to stay in one the their newly renovated rooms. It was clean, modern, yet cozy. A very relaxing environment after a day of travelling.

I will definitely be staying here again whenever I am in the area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Henry P
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I stayed at the Sheraton for my nieces wedding everything was great my room was beautiful as well As the hotel itself my experience with you guys was great and I just want to specially thank essence at the front desk she was very attentive with such a beautiful name and personality to match. Thank you for your great hospitality

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that your entire experience with us was enjoyable. We will be sure to share your review with Essence and the rest of the staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thanks again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A recap of our stay at the hotel, the brunch yesterday and also the food in general over the past 4 days while we camped out at the Sheraton Eatontown for our daughter’s wedding on 9/9.

I will start with lunch/dinner at JRs since that is the first experience, Thursday 9/7.
We were waited on very promptly for our drinks and to place our orders. Our food delivery service was slow, however, it was pleasantly very good for “hotel” food.

Friday morning, 9/8, we at the restaurant and arrived a few minutes before 8am some were probably the first or second customers of the day. Again, we were promptly waited on
and decided NOT to order the buffet since we actually were looking for pancakes, french toast or waffles. We ordered from the menu. However I must say the cost of the buffet breakfast
seemed high for only heated up scrambled eggs, melon, cantaloupe and bagels. This, quite frankly, was another reason we did not order the buffet. Again, the food delivery was SLOW
When we received our food, it was UNEATABLE.- we ordered kids pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs/ham, and an omelet. Whatever the chef used it tasted like SOUR MILK to prepare ALL FOUR meals.
We immediately asked the hostess to come over and she did. The food was removed and the we were told that they would replace the meals and we could also get anything from the buffet.
We said thanks, but we still wanted our original orders. The hostess did tell us there would be NO CHARGE for the breakfast which I do appreciate, however, the taste of SOUR MILK remained lingering for quite awhile after the fact.

Out of town guests arrived Friday, 9/8 and went to JRs for lunch as we did on Thursday. They had the exact same experience with food delivery taking 45 minutes for a hot dog and fries!

We did not eat any further meals at the Sheraton. We did utilize JRs for hanging out and having drinks with the family.

Now we have Sunday, 9/10 Thank You breakfast for 35 guests. The brunch was set up at 8am which I greatly appreciate since we had early morning travelers. I was surprised there was no toaster for the bagels, but I didn’t make a special request for one - I will now do so for future breakfasts. The food was just OK - the hotel must have changed chefs since the last time I sampled the buffet just over a year ago…

NOW THE TERRIBLE PART OF THE RECAP - nearly 1/3 of the guests (10 identified so far) who ate breakfast were sick with stomach/intestine issues (diarrhea) Sunday evening.
I am mortified that my family and guests spent the last day of the weekend on the toilet with some sort of food poisening.
How can this happen at a Sheraton? I have to wonder what type of health violations are occurring right this very minute for us to have not 1 but 2 meals that were probably tainted.

The room block, I feel we worked very hard on this with Reservations Mgr so the rooms were for the most part as expected, thank you!

I do have a few comments regarding the NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS/LAYOUT -
1. why is there no exhaust fan in the bathroom?
2. why are the comforters in the rooms SO DARN HEAVY - wintery like comforters
3. why are the bathtub drains not attached?
4. The “perfume” smell in the common bathrooms on the main floor is putrid - buckets are everywhere on the main floor
5. The hot tub was broken when we arrived, thankfully it was fixed Friday night.
6. The bathrooms in the pool area are sadly sub-par for a Sheraton
7. The pool was filthy and had not been cleaned

I feel the Sheraton should CLOSE IMMEDIATELY WHILE MAKING THE UPGRADES TO THE HOTEL

I would like to know the name and contact info for the person(s) in charge of the restaurant, the catering and the general manager of the hotel.
If this person is the three of you, I would like the contact of whom ever is above you for these departments. I am so very disappointed we selected the Sheraton Eatontown for my daughters out of town guests.

5  Thank kozmictink
Jenny H, Manager at Sheraton Eatontown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay. We understand you spoke with our General Manager recently about your concerns. We do not make the eggs, waffles, French toast, or pancakes with milk, but we will certainly address your concerns with the chef and the kitchen staff. We sincerely apologize for the slow service. This is not typical and will be addressed with the staff as well. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if you and your guests got sick from our food or an outside facility. We have no complaints of people being ill during your stay. In regards to your comments about our newly renovated guest rooms, we do have fans in our bathrooms and the comforters are a Marriott brand spec. Our pool and bathrooms will be renovated soon as well as the rest of the hotel. Again, we sincerely apologize this was your experience, and we wish you all the best in your future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eatontown
3.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
0.8 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Eatontown
1.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
8.3 km away
Hampton Inn Neptune/Wall
3.3 km away
Courtyard Tinton Falls Eatontown

Been to Sheraton Eatontown Hotel? Share your experiences!