“Extended Stay AWAY”

Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Edison
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Aside from the front desk personnel, who were friendly and inviting, the remainder of my experience was totally dissatisfying. There were no hangers in the closet, no dishes or, glasses, etc in the kitchenette ( apparently there was a small sign that said they were available on request), no maid service ( I had a garbage can sitting out in plain view for three days with out it being emptied, no fresh towels, nobody straightened the bed or room, the place smelled like cigarettes and huge concentrations of air freshener, the "breakfast" was totally inadequate (coffee and a packaged "muffin for the masses".

My feelings for the hotel went from bad to worse when, after having inadvertently leaving my electric razor and shaving kit, I was informed that the hotel could not send it to me because they "did not want to spend the money". On the rare occasions when something similar has happened at other hotels, the staff has promptly sent the items to me without further discussion.

My overall impression of the place is that they were trying to squeeze as much profit out of the guests as possible regardless of the impact on the quality of the experience.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your hotel stay. In response to your feedback, I will be addressing our staff about communicating our amenities properly and making sure nothing is slipping through the cracks. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at erc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center

Reviewed 25 July 2016

In the past I've always chosen Extended Stay America as my choice hotel but none of the other Extended Stay hotel has blown me beyond my expectations like this one in Edison, NJ. I must say that what topped it all was the lovely gentleman by the name of Adam who was very accommodating and who went out of his way to help me plan my stay in New Jersey, considering it was my first time visiting this state. It felt like he was my own personal concierge to which I was extremely grateful for. I wonder why more Extended stays don't have concierge services? Needless to say, I will definitely be coming back to this location based on the excellent services and the help that Adam provided me with.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read how thrilled you were at our location. Adam will be notified on the excellent customer service he showed you. It is satisfying to see guests accommodated so well our location. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I traveled to this Extented Stay America location, and was shocked by how dirty and full of mold my room was. The stove top needed to be scrubed, the bathroom and kit sinks were dirty, the tub had black mold all the way around it. The light fixtures needed to be replaced as they had turned green in stead of the brass color they had been. The electric sockets would not charge my cell phone. The refrigerator was dirty, as well as the freezer. They no longer have either HBO or Show Time, but my room had a schedule telling me what was on. When I called the front desk to ask she had to go check. The turntable in the microwave didn't work, resulting in my $85:00 hesting pad being burned up. Fridge doors were mounted backwards so it opened towards the entrence door or wall, not in to the kit area. All this was brought to the managers attention. I was there for 5 nights NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT ANY OF IT. I needed to stay in the area again the following week, I made other arrangements.
I travel for my job so I have seen it all . No I am not a perfectionist but dirty is something no one should pay for.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that we were unable to provide you with a carefree, home away from home stay. We will use your feedback to share with our staff so that all are cognizant of delivering a product that is vital to our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This Extended Stay America is like the rest. The room was good. It had a mini kitchen wait a refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishes, cooking utensils, and cutlery. The room as well as the bathroom was clean and up to date. The hotel lacks a pool but it does offer laundry facilities, complementary grab and go breakfast, and pets are allowed (fee). This hotel is perfect for a business man or woman because it is located near the Raritan business area. The best thing about this hotel is that it is extremely close to Harold's New York Deli. Harold's serves jumbo sized sandwiches that are meant to be shared. They boast a huge menu, the world's best corned beef, pastrami, cheesecake, and the world's largest pickle bar. The pastrami, matzoh ball soup, and potato knish are all very good. Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m so pleased to read that you had a great stay at our hotel! I’m thrilled we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience and that you enjoyed some of the delicious restaurants nearby! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I have stayed at multiple locations and the staff in Edison has always gone above and beyond to accommodate. Adam, stands out as the most helpful and empathetic employee my fiancé and I have encountered. Amazing staff, safe location, all around great place to stay for more than just a night and feel at home. A huge Thank You to the Edison Location and Adam.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is pleasing to hear how our staff was beyond accommodating. I will be sure to inform them of the amazing job they are doing. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We booked a stay at the extended stay America since we wanted to bring our dog and our son was staying across the street with his soccer team (Hilton, not dog friendly). This hotel was okay at best, the halls smelled of smoke (our smoke free room was in a smoke free wing but not a smoke free floor), the breakfast was really just coffee and granola bars and the outside door didn't latch properly unless you really yanked it. There was grass nearby for our dog but I wouldn't say the hotel was luxurious.

Stayed: June 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm disappointed the smoking from other rooms interrupted your stay. Our staff is constantly working on ways smoke from smoking rooms does not interfere with guests in non-smoking areas. That being sad, I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your dog. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Front desk Manger is very nice and polite room is very clean all employees are polite will stay again. Bathroom is very clean love the fact it has a kitchen. Breakfast is great for grab and go. No deposit is also a bonus price is great for the area

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Edison - Raritan Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great staff and your clean room during your stay with us. We strive to provide each guest with a "home away from home" experience, and I'm glad to know we met that goal with your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.