“Clean, comfortable, but could use better soundproofing”

Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed two nights and had a large, clean, comfortable room with an excellent bed. We had occasion to use room service as well as the restaurant and the food was straightforward and good. This is an airport hotel so there is not much of a neighborhood around, but a free shuttle leaves for the airport every 20 minutes and from there you can connect to NJ Transit and get a train to NYC. Generally you can be downtown within an hour from leaving the hotel. Quicker at rush hours. Service at the hotel was pleasant and the rooms seemed recently updated, but the walls are thin. We could hear our neighbors on the phone and in the hallway. Generally, a very good stay.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Renaissance Newark Airport and thought it would be appropriate to write a quick recommendation of this hotel. The hotel was very satisfactory from a room cleanliness standpoint and the on site food was good as well, however what sets this property apart from other similar hotels that I have frequented is the outstanding customer service. I have never been asked as frequently as I was if I was enjoying my stay or to please come back and see us again, as I was from the employees at this hotel. This was not just the front desk types or the the folks in the restaurant/lounge, but also the maintenance folks, housekeepers, and other "back office" staff. This is obviously part of the culture of this property......Well Done! I was very impressed and if ever in the Newark area or airport again, will definitely be back.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

A good hotel. Like the adage "you pay for what you get". In this case you pay a lot and get a hotel that does not disappoint. It's clean, spacious, good tv. Etc

Room service food was also good, actually reasonable.

Internet is $13 per day and is crappy and slow.

Close enough to NYC to make it a good location

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is by far my favorite hotel for business travel; I always look forward to staying here. The hotel was recently remodeled and all of the rooms and common areas are in great shape. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are always clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. The workout room is a good size, and the equipment in good condition. This hotel has one of the nicest club lounges I have seen in any of the Marriott properties I have traveled to in recent years. This hotel is also very convenient to the Newark airport, with a complimentary shuttle out of P4. You can't go wrong if you stay here!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north and west sides are quieter
1  Thank Love2Travel26x2
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Having worked all night from 5 pm to 6 am, I wanted nothing more than to spend my day sleeping and relaxing. So after checking in and heading to my room, I slip the "A Little Privacy Please" sign on the door and prepare to get a good day of rest. A few hours later, I am awakened by the sound of housekeeping pecking on my door with a key card. Luckily I had enagaged the deadbolt. I announced my presence in the room and went back to bed hoping this was a simple mistake. But, this happened FOUR more times. Finally, I threw back the blankets and marched to the door in time to look through the viewport and see the housekeeper standing there. I asked if I could help her and she simpy turned to walk away.
Moral of the story...if you need sleep, stay clear of the Renaissance at Newark Liberty Airport!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

For an airport hotel, it's pretty decent hotel. The rooms are a good size and there was a friendly and efficient service on check in and out.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Nice renovations, especially for an airport hotel, great amenities, and enjoyed the complimentary airport shuttle, but service was really lacking when we checked in at night - the agent seemed as if she wanted to finish her paperwork than check us in - we weren't told our room number, nor given any holders for our hotel keys (as a typical Renaissance Hotel would).

Room Tip: Shuttle runs every 20 minutes during the day on the hour, and every 30 minutes after midnight on the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
1.4 km away
1.8 km away
Holiday Inn Newark Airport
3.5 km away
SpringHill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport

Been to Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!