“Pleasantly surprise”

Sara Sara Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 53 Restaurants in Elmwood Park
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I read not such a good reviews about this place was not sure what to expect..But let me tell you is much better than a lot of other Peruvian Restaurants with higher ratings..The papa a la huancaina,tamales y aji de gallina were really good and the onion sauce for the tamales the best I ever had!!..the alfajores were fresh and really good..very impressed..would go back!!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We went there about 5:30, ordered the food and it didn't come out until 6:30. The roasted chicken was not fully cooked, one could see it was uncooked and one could see the chicken blood. The papa a la huancaina didn't taste as huancaina at all. The lomo saltado was okay, but nothing special. If you want to experience real Peruvian food, then DON'T go to this restaurant. Food is awful,

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Awesome food. I have been to a few Columbian/Peruvian restaurants in the same locality and this is one of my best choice for quality food. Loved their chaufa rice. My friends had lomo and they said it was awesome. Parking is an issue here , as the restaurant has no parking. You have to park in side streets and walk to this place. its worth it though.

Overall a great experience . It took a lil while to get the food but once we got it, we finished it within no time

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant on a whim and for the price, the food was good with a good portion. For those days that a fast food joint just won't do, this spot is a good, economical option.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed March 31, 2015

This is the second time we have eaten at Sara Sara, we went back because my husband loved the Seafood and Hot sauce the first time we went there. He ordered it again and it was just as delicious as it was the first time. I had fried pork chops the first time and had fried Steak this time, it was all good. Service is excellent.

Date of visit: March 2015