“Good experience. ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Ewing Diner. The first time was good and so was this one. The parking lot was full and we had to wait about 15 mins to be seated. Not bad.
Our four meals consisted of (2) French toast with eggs, sausage, bacon and ham, (1) pancakes with eggs, sausage, bacon and ham and (1) Cajun chicken sandwich with fries, onion rings, coleslaw and it came with soup.
The French toast, pancakes and eggs were good. The sausage was ok. The ham had an odd taste to it but maybe it was just the brand. The chicken sandwich was very good as were the fries and onion rings. The soup choice was cream of turkey which was good and came as a bowl and not a smaller cup.
Our waitress was very attentive and friendly.
I read some of the recent comments about the rude manager but so far we have not seen or experienced that. But if we ever notice it during a future visit we will certainly not return. There's no need or place for that. But so far our experience here has been good.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

This is my second visit to the Ewing Diner in less than a month with friends and can honestly say that no meal has been bad, Not only is food delicious, but the service is outstanding -- even during a busy Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed November 21, 2016

I went to the Ewing Diner for lunch at 1:00 on a Sunday with six students that I mentor who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. When we were seated, one of the students I was with asked if we could all have separate checks.The waitress rolled her eyes at this request. The two other mentors and I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and agreed that she probably had a stressful day.
I ordered a Cobb Salad, and I asked for it with no bacon and no cheese. When my salad came out, there was blue cheese crumbles all over it (probably close to half a cup of cheese). Unfortunately, I would not have be able to pick that off or eat my salad without getting sick. I politely told the waitress that I had asked for no cheese and she snapped back at me saying that I had never requested it. Two other members of my party clearly heard my request for no cheese. It would have been understandable if she hadn’t heard me, then she could have at least said sorry that she hadn’t heard me instead of vehemently denying that I had even said it. I said to her I was sorry she didn't hear me, but that I can't eat this salad with blue cheese in it and that it would make me sick. She begrudgingly took my salad to the back and then came out saying that she didn't think that she would be able to bring me another salad. She said that it was a waste of food and that it was my fault for their $20 loss. (Because a bowl of lettuce with grilled chicken and three avocado slices is a $20 loss?) Anyway, she then came back to my table with the head waitress who asked what the problem was. I explained the situation and the head waitress was very rude and told me that I was lying.
Then to just add to the already extremely uncomfortable situation, the manager (a large, older Greek man) came out and was yelling at me (let it be known I’m the most non-threatening 21 year old female college student) telling me how he knew I had said nothing about not wanting cheese and that if I had said that the waitress would have written it down. (Isn’t the manager supposed to ease the tense situation? He made my experience 100x more uncomfortable.) He continued to say how he couldn’t just bring me another salad because they would put it in front of me and I would find something else I wouldn’t like about it and then send it back. (I sat there in disbelief hearing the words coming out of his mouth.) I tried very politely and calmly to explain that all I wanted was a Cobb salad without bacon and cheese, and I wasn’t trying to start a problem. He then continued to reprimand me and tell me how I was being disrespectful. I sat there and took his rude comments and his demeaning accusations. Meanwhile the students I was with were also extremely uncomfortable. One student even needed to excuse herself from the table and leave because of how much anxiety the situation caused her.
The worst part is that all of this was caused over some cheese on a salad. If they had just brought me a new salad, I would have happily paid for it.I ended up leaving without eating (which was fine because at that point I had completely lost my appetite).
I will NEVER go back and I am definitely going to be voicing my disgust in the Ewing Diner to everyone I know.

6  Thank Abbi A
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

The Ewing Diner is more than a typical diner. It is a bit more upscale, very clean, and seems to pride itself on its great customer service. The food is very fresh. Each time I have gone there, I have not been disappointed. In fact, I've always left with my expectations exceeded.

1  Thank PAM2014
Reviewed October 1, 2016

My wife and I went to the property for dinner. She had chicken Caesar salad and I, cold cut platter w/slaw and potato salad. Her salad was served warm! The lettuce was actually hot; and the bottom of the bowl was filled with chicken broth. The eggs on my salad plate had been around for a while; and the cold cuts left much to be desired. One of the worst meals we have endured in some time.

Been to Ewing Diner? Share your experiences!