“Terrible...”

Mei Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 96 Restaurants in Fair Lawn
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed December 26, 2014

We went back recently and, long story short, the quality has gone way down. No fish in the spicy tuna or salmon, just panko bread crumbs, brown avocado, etc. The cherry on top was the fact that the waitress last time was so rude! She actually sighed, rolled her eyes, and gestured when we asked her for some extra dressing. Awful experience, won't ever be back.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

So, I previously wrote a rave review for this place. The waitress was a bit rude, but it was fine. Anyway, recently I went there and got BROWN avocado in my roll. I told the waitress and she argued with me that a completely brown piece was normal and it tasted BETTER than green...okay...no. This past time, will be my last visit there. VERY rude staff AND my spicy "salmon" roll...was completely panko bread crumbs. ZERO fish.. wow. What a rip off. The last time I'll be visiting Mei. Lost a very frequent visiter.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Excellent sushi and great prices! My bf and I love it there! We did get some rude comments/looks when we ordered 8 sushi rolls once. We're both slim people too, so they should have minded their own business lol and it's more money for them! But, whatever! The sushi is worth it. Sometimes they give you orange slices at the end and they have fortune cookies and dum dum lollipops when you leave! Love it there!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

by far my favorite sushi place in fair lawn. great food, great price, lots of parking, what could be better?

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a fantastic place for Japanese food and Sushi, the food is very good and priced resonably. The portions are large and the atmosphere is very nice as well.