“business again”
Review of Cucina Calandra

Cucina Calandra
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Calandra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Fairfield
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairfield Road
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I usually order room service when traveling alone. I don't enjoy eating by myself in the restaurant. Tonight was a house salad, large enough for a meal and a scrumptious piece of carrot cake gor dessert, Not including the tip, it was $22.00. Not horrible and it allowed me to continue my Scrabble play on FB!

There are newer reviews for Cucina Calandra

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Staying at best western order room service and had the pollo grigliato bread was fresh chicken was moist best sandwich every. My fiancé had fusilli calandra done to perfection. This was great fresh Italian food.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Tired. Couple of hours of driving. Some on 46. YuCk! Booked a room at the Best Western because Cucina Calandra is in the same building and was a little disappointed with my dining experience.

Table of some 4 to 6 were enjoying themselves (place wasn't packed) but the accoustics were such that I thought they were sitting next to me.

Caesar salad dressed with a creamy version, lots of it, and lots of cheese. Pizza was more than descent. Wasn't offered freshly ground pepper. TBH, I didn't see a mill in sight.

Biggest surprise for me? The Calandra "house" wine was really enjoyable.

If I need to stay in the area again, even knowing that it will be on the noisy side, I'll return just for the convenience of its location. Next time I'll just ask my waitress to keep the wine flowing.

1  Thank DianeXit98
Reviewed 28 January 2017

After shopping at Willowbrook Mall, my wife and I were ready for dinner. Cucina Calandra was not only convenient, but is a great choice for very good Italian food. The restaurant is located in the Best Western hotel, but don't get turned off thinking it's a hotel restaurant. It is privately owned by the people who have Calandra's bakery and other restaurants., We began with clams and mussels in a tomato and lemongrass broth. They were delicious. Entrees were pasta in a vodka sauce with peas and prosciutto and shrimp and scallops over risotto. Both were very good. An excellent bread stuffed with mozzarella is served with dinner. On the way out you are offered a loaf of Italian bread from Calandra's bakery. Cucina Calandra is a great choice for a delicious Italian dinnerr.

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

What a great find! My wife and I were heading to Willowbrook for a family Sunday brunch with our 15-month old twin girls, but the mall was absolutely loaded, so we kept driving west out Route 46. My wife said somebody in a Facebook group told her about this place, Cucina Calandra, indicating that it was kid-friendly.

Everything about the experience, from the time we sat down until we left, was top-notch.

The wait staff and busboys smiled, and were quick and attentive. The bread (freshly baked with cheese - yum!) was still warm when it hit our table, the menu was extensive, the portions were very substantial.

I ordered the special seafood ravioli - lobster and crab meat in the ravioli, with shrimp and scallops mixed in the sauce. Excellent.

My wife had the Brodetto Scoglio (seafood in a tomato-based broth) with whole wheat fettuccine, which she said was excellent.

Bonus #1: kids under 3 eat free! We ordered grilled chicken with broccoli for the girls, and they brought a portion of pasta - 2 girls, 2 meals! We got leftovers for days.

Bonus #2: sending us (and all diners) home with a free loaf of Calandra's bread. Very classy.

We were also visited during our meal by Jody, the manager, who was incredibly warm and friendly. She invited us to try one of their special kid pizzas. They make them in the shape of Mickey Mouse and Spongebob - how cool is that?

The meal was a little on the pricey side, but, hey, you get what you pay for, and there was tremendous value. We will definitely be coming back - outstanding job, everyone!