“Hidden gem - authentic Greek food, like a mama would make ”
Review of Antik

Antik
Reserve with OpenTable
Antik is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 68 Restaurants in Fairfield
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My son climbs at a nearby gym and I searched for a nearby restaurant for an easy mea post workout. Wow. What a pleasant surprise. The parking lot and restaurant were empty and my trepidation grew. Had I made a mistake? So far from a mistake. This gem of a meal started with toasted pita with two delicious dips, one with beets and a tapenade. We proceeded to the zucchini fritters and choice of three yummy dips. We had the pork chops, lamb chops and moussaka. All dishes were excellent. The meats were prepared to perfection and the moussaka had a fantastic bechamel that was not overpowering. Last was the home-made baklava. Yes, I bit into a forgotten clove - so be warned - but it just confirmed my assumption that this was a true homemade dessert. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Antik

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I travel to Wayne on business occasionally and whenever I do I make it a point of going to Antik, typically with a group. I always get great feedback on the food, including it's authenticity from a colleague of Greek heritage who is serious about Greek Food. Love the grilled octopus, lamb chops, whole fish filleted tableside many other dishes.
The owner Maria is a real sweetheart. Because Antik does not have a liquor license you can bring your own and end paying much less overall than a meal of similar quality elsewhere.
What I cannot understand is why it is not more crowded than it is given the outstanding food and ambiance.
This is a great option if you are in the Fairfield area.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Great lunch at this friendly family style authentic Greek kitchen
Healthy fresh preparations the whole grilled branzino with sautéed escarole is a must followed by their chicken consommé au citron . Finished with their outstanding Greek yogurt and walnuts with honey your heart will be tankful.
Service is friendly yet efficient with a zest of Greek philosophy with a masterful Maitre D .
A great surprise comforting food healthy diet .
Highly recommend if you travel to Fairfield NJ or not make the detour
Bon appétit
Pascalpicks ****

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Antik . The waiters were very friendly and knowledgeable about the foods they offered . Our meals were prepared fresh and delicious . We loved the fresh grilled pita breads with olive oil and the pastes for dipping provided complimentary . The octopus appetizer was large and grilled to perfection . Great place very welcoming .

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Really good food at really good prices. The eggplant spread and zucchini and mint fritters with tzaziki were excellent. We shared a grilled Black Sea bass that was simply but well-prepared. The prices are very reasonable.