“Great Beer / Great Pizza - Great Combo”
Review of Capital Craft

Capital Craft
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Green Brook
Reviewed February 14, 2017

First time to this restaurant. Crowded on a Friday, but good crowded. Wait for table less than they reported. Pizza was awesome and lots of beers to pick from. Had a great time. A little loud in the room, but overall a wonderful experience. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Went on a Sunday to try out the lunch special. CC Burger is awesome. Love love love this Burger and my son ate up the chicken fingers. A little bit of a draft if you sit too close to side deck in the winter. Wait staff is very pleasant but not always too well thought out on the decisions they make. Intentions are clearly good though.

Reviewed January 8, 2017

Came here for dinner about 2 weeks ago when I was in the area for the holidays. I had high hopes for this new restaurant since I can't resist a venue with a unique beer selection. The day we came happened to be $5 burger night.

Pros:
-Beer selection: Selection seems to vary daily which is good if you're a frequent customer. Loved trying local beers as I can't get them where I live currently. Flights are convenient to try 4 different beers.

-Good burger

Cons:
-Needs more variety of burgers. I expected a larger selection of burgers from a place like this. There were 5 burgers (one is a turkey burger) plus the one on special. Was looking for a nice BBQ bacon burger or something similar but none was on the menu. For the $5 burger selection, the special burger and lamb burger were not included. I'm not into turkey burgers and only certain people have a palate for horseradish and mushrooms (which is half the toppings for the CC burger). I was left with not much choice for the Tuesday deal. Ended up ordering the classic burger which is something I never do at a brewpub.

-Half-price burgers instead of $5 burger + $2 sides: For the $5 burger deal, it only includes the burger and no sides. Sides are $2 extra. I would have liked it better if the deal was half-price burgers which included sides and included ALL burger selections.

-Ran out of pretzel bites: had ordered the cheese curds and pretzel bites for appetizers but only the cheese curds were in stock.

-Ran out of 1/4 of my flight beer selection: had ordered a flight (not the Flight of the Day). When the waiter came back with the beers, he stated that one of my selections was out of stock and had substituted it with another beer. When I heard the name of the substituted beer, I recognized it and was pretty sure I had it before and hated it. Sure enough, when I tasted it, it was what I remembered. Asked the waiter if I can substitute that beer with something else since he was the one who substituted it, and he said yes. For better customer service, I should have been asked if I had a preference for another beer instead of the waiter blindly substituting the beer.

-Stools for the high-top tables became uncomfortable half-way through the meal. The ones at the bar looked comfy. The chairs at the bar (where guests are typically having a quick drink and/or bite to eat) should not have plush cushions whereas the ones at the high-top tables are metal stools. Guests at tables typically are groups who have the potential to stay longer, resulting in a higher tab. However, if chairs become uncomfortable, guests may not stay as long.

Overall, I expected better. I possibly will come back whenever I'm in the area, mainly for their beer selection.

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Capital Craft is a refreshingly fun place to drink a wide variety of craft beer, delicious pub fare and the servers are very friendly and attentive. All beers can be samples at a 4oz size and you can have a "flight" of whichever ones you wish!

Does not disappoint! A true gem.

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

I was very excited when this restaurant opened on Route 22 in Greenbrook, as there are not many options in this area of New Jersey. I visited Capital Craft recently with a group of friends from work. I had a great time, but I think it was more the company than the restaurant. The beer menu was extensive which was welcoming, but the prices were rather high. Additionally, we ordered a number of appetizers. They were passable but not delicious. The best of them was the braised brussel sprouts; they were a noteworthy dish. Not sure if I will return in the future.