“Great flavors, BYOB and good prices! ”
Review of Tandoori Chef

Tandoori Chef
Ranked #72 of 162 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Couples night, excellent flavors love that it is BYOB, menu prices are reasonable! We ordered Paneer Pakora, Aloo Gobhi, garlic naan, and lamb vindaloo (not pictured). 4 stars since it is street parking and busy downtown area.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

To start it all off, or server/cashier/the only employee we saw didn't speak very clearly. We tried asking him questions about the menu and he would just mumble back to us. Ordered the goat Tika masala, traditional curry chicken, and white flour naan. The server first brought out this overly crisped giant tortilla chip and it led to udder confusion. Was this our naan? He then brought out the actual meal, so apparently this deep fried taco shell was just a "complentary appetizer". The actual meal was a good portion for a person and came with free rice. The goat was very fatty and had bones in all the small pieces ( It was interesting to eat to say the least). The chicken was very tender and the Naan was absolutely delicious with the curry sauce. Not sure if I'll go back, but this was definitely an amusing experience.

TandooriChef, Manager at Tandoori Chef, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Max - Thank you very much for your candid review and overall positive rating. I genuinely appreciate your feedback, and we promise to work on improving the specific points of your experience going forward. We are glad that you enjoyed most of the meal, and if you ever need additional guidance, please reach out to us via our website, and I'll be glad to personally direct you.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

It was an okay place. We initially thought they had buffet.. but they didn't. Quite expensive of what we ate. Per head we paid around 30$ !!! Not worth at all.. chicken was not cooked well. Naan was ok. Biriyani was also curry'ish. Not my style.. waiter could smile. He was always serious ..

Might not go back again

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We ordered Tandoori Naan (no eggs!) that came slightly buttered, Dal Makhani (came with basmati rice, if I knew that, I would not ordered Jeera rice). Then I ordered Sweet Nimbu Pani and Masala Tea at the end. Dal, naan, chai – all was good.

A Nimbu Pani was a small disappointment. I love how it was made for me in India. Here, it tasted so different from what I expected. I did not feel any cumin powder, black salt, fresh lime juice, mint leaves.… it looked and tasted like some black pepper was added to the 7-Up...

We liked the food & service and will return.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

the chicken dishes are very spicy and tasty, The naan with garlic AND sesame seeds is just heavenly.