“Business stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Very nice hotel. Clean and spacious rooms. Staff very friendly. Breakfast was very good, made to order available. Dinner was very good also. Bartender was a very gracious host. Pool and gym area very clean also.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear kennethmN6726RN,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate the rating you have given us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Food and Beverage options, and it is always great to hear that our staff took good care of you. Thank you again for your post.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Although I can deal with the dated decor, the crawling bugs on the floor were too much. Found 1 crawling around in the evening and another 2 in the morning when getting ready. I'd probably not stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank dgbasket22
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Dear dgbasket22,

Thank you for posting a review. I am sorry to hear you had an unsatisfactory experience during your stay. I am very familiar with the issue you stated. Seeing a few Box bugs in your room can invite thoughts of uncleanliness. As you know, our hotel has an above average landscaping model. We have seen the occasional box bug or two, but usually during the early spring and hardly ever in our guest rooms. I apologize if you experienced any inconvenience as a result. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

I stayed for a family reunion and we were happy with everything. However I left 2 very expensive hair appliances in the room and have yet to have them returned. I've stayed in hotels around the country and have always received a complimentary call if I had left something of value. This is sad.

1  Thank 196jacquiec
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear 196jacquiec,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. As many of our reservations come through various channels, occasionally we do not have the proper guest contact information on file. I would like to be able to resolve the issue you mentioned regarding you items you left behind, but am unable to through this forum. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist in any way I can. Thank you again for posting a review.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

From the ancient stained carpets and walls, peeling water-damaged doors and furniture, absurdly slow internet (when you can connect) to the $12+ tax breakfast, this is one of the worst Hilton Garden Inns, I’ve ever stayed in. This was my go-to chain as both an Honors member and because their standards are pretty good for business travelers like myself who don’t need a ton of frills. But I’ve stayed in Motel 6’s that are cleaners and have better amenities than this one. I understand that some HGIs charge for breakfast – but these tend to be the ones in major cities, not the ones in the suburbs. I had wanted to post this review from the hotel my last of five nights there but couldn’t connect to the internet long enough – a total waste of what could’ve been a productive working evening. Halfway through my stay the button in elevator 2 for the 4th floor stopped working requiring guests to either take the stairs all the way up, or to the 3rd floor and then walk up that last flight. On the plus side, the staff in the lobby is great, friendly and helpful and there is a new latte machine in the lobby, but until the hotel does a serious remodel of their rooms (which looks like the last time this happened was before I was born – 40ish years ago) and the wireless network, this is not someplace I’d ever stay again. Even worse, it makes me leery of the HGI brand now.

1  Thank HappyCamper613

Dear HappyCamper613,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. As a standard, the Hilton Garden Inn brand does not offer complimentary breakfast, regardless of location, suburb or otherwise. I apologize if this was an expected amenity prior to your arrival. As a Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to satisfy our guest during their stay with us. I am not certain by your post, if you have mentioned any of the issues you were experiencing, to our staff or management team, while you were with us, but please feel free to contact me directly regarding the issues you mentioned. Thank you again for sharing your experience with our hotel.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Nicer than expected. Room with 2 queen beds was spacious. Very clean. Stayed on top floor away from elevator, and it was pretty quiet. Great location due to availability of shops and restaurants. Tricky getting into hotel since there is only one entrance through the TGIF parking lot.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear 776theresap,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the comments and the great rating you have given us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our facility and its location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2017

We were in town for a family wedding and enjoyed the hotel greatly. Friendly staff, modern accommodations, nice gathering areas and work out facility. Would recommend for group wedding blocks and rates.

Dear WillametteVVwines,

Thank you for the awesome rating. It was truly our pleasure to provide accommodations for your family event. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

great stay. Bar, restaurant, and room service staff excellent! Room was very nice but walls a bit thin as I could hear the buy next door coughing ;-) Night before that I heard him on the phone. But didn't really bother me too much as it wasn't that loud. Would recommend this place for the staff especially.

Dear S5934QNdebras,

Thank you for the great rating and comments regarding our staff. I have been blessed to work with great people who truly care about our guest experience, and to have feedback from guests such as yourself is truly rewarding. I have shared your comments with our team and it was great to see the smiles forming on their faces. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
1.1 km away
14.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Princeton
Hyatt Regency Princeton
#3 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hamilton? Share your experiences!