“Kalí óreksi! (Have a nice meal!)”
Review of PITHARI TAVERNA

PITHARI TAVERNA
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This as a great change of pace from my usual favorite Italian fare. The waitress was very attentive and friendly. When my wife inquired about the delicious yogurt sauce, she gave us a sample to take home. There is even a small outdoor seating space which from what I saw was pet-friendly. The food was flavorful and the meal well paced. Will definitely be coming back!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We have eaten here about 5 times over several years. Food has been consistently good, service good, reasonable portions, and good dining atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The menu did show options for vegetarians, but did not specify it contains egg. I did visit this place waiting to try out something new and interesting after looking at the menu online. But, later realized on getting there that it has egg in it. If you have dietary restrictions and are a vegetarian you would be limited to the menu. It would have been easier to decide had the menu had contents.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 22, 2017

There are a few really good Greek places in central NJ and this is definitely on or at the top of the list. Have had a few meals and each one has been good. BYOB so that helps. Good gyro, good baklava good food.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017

We live in the vicinity of Pithari and we go all seasons. This is our go-to restaurant whenever we want finer dining with a casual and warm twist. The food is absolutely delicious. The people I go with comment positively about dishes that I don't eat so I can say that overall it's well worth the visit. Can't say it's still true, but I believe this restaurant (definitely located outside of NYC :) is considered at the top of the list for Greek restaurants "in NYC". LOL. No, we definitely aren't NYC, but prices wouldn't hurt as much here and comparing such a restaurant to NYC's offerings won't hurt Highland Park's reputation either.

The staff is genuinely interested in the best dining experience possible. Don't hesitate to request specific desires even off of their standard menu. I've personally always enjoyed the freshness of their food. I typically eat fish, carbs and vegetables.

During warmer weather, the large windows open up to the outside and there is a smaller section of outside seating even if the windows aren't removed.

Date of visit: August 2017