Our family of four adults stayed here for a week, while we explored both Manhatten and nearby Hoboken.To make things affordable we booked only one room with two queen beds and added a rollaway bed (at no extra charge). The room was comfortably sized so even with four adults we were not too cramped. The hotel was very quiet particularly at night and we were able to rest very soundly after long days exploring the area.We didnt have a great deal of interaction with the staff, but when we did we found them helpful and welcoming.
As other reviewers have pointed out the PATH station is next to the hotel running regularly to 33rd St,World trade Centre or Hoboken. We recommend buying a Smart Pass which can then be loaded up with credit and trips then cost only $1.50 each as opposed to $2 each on fixed trip passes,singles or returns. Even at night the train and stations felt safe and are kept clean with staff almost always visible.
Just across the road are a Starbucks and a Gourmet Deli. The latter really lives up to its name with a super range of upmarket wraps,sandwiches or hot take away plates. We really enjoyed nearby Hoboken (Birthplace of Frank Sinatra) as a change of pace to Manhatten. Its as if time has stood still from around 1955? here but in a nice way. Independant stores a wide range of restaurants and bars and a waterside promonade make it well worth a look.
The Hotel represents much better value than Manhatten is relatively new and still in very good condition. Cant see any reason to go back to staying 'over the water' and look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Jersey City Newport, a tranquil oasis near the excitement of the city, boasts the ideal location near New York City and all that it has to offer. As one of the premier Jersey City hotels near Hoboken, NJ, guests can take advantage of our close proximity to Newport Centre Mall and other popular area attractions. The update lobby at our Newport hotel features modern design, multifunctional common areas, and convenient amenities. Unique among hotels in Jersey City, our GoBoard(R) allows guests to stay current with the latest in entertainment, news, weather and airport conditions. As an added feature standing out from other Hoboken hotels, The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.(R) - serves fresh meals for guests to wine and dine with colleagues or friends and family. Our spacious accommodations feature contemporary design, luxury bedding, large work areas, and more. Guests will experience both the quality of a Marriott hotel and all of the comforts of home when staying at the Courtyard Jersey City Newport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Courtyard Jersey City Newport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Jersey City Newport Hotel Jersey City
- Jersey City Marriott
- Jersey City Courtyard
- Courtyard Jersey City Newport New Jersey