“Lovely place for a lunch date”
Review of Battello

Battello
Ranked #7 of 760 Restaurants in Jersey City
Price range: US$16 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "A flawlessly designed eating and drinking complex that looks both industrial and luxurious." Situated on the Hudson with breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline, Battello offers an unforgettable culinary experience featuring a contemporary Italian based, seafood-influenced menu designed by one of New Jersey's top culinary masters, Chef Ryan DePersio. Battello takes its design clues from the neighboring marina, with a touch of rustic welcoming elegance that is both industrial and luxurious. Much of the marina-inspired decor is salvaged, including the rowboat hanging above the entrance and the brass yacht lanterns affixed to the walls. Floor to ceiling windows on three sides of the dining room effortlessly open up, providing a haven for dockside dining and cocktails during warmer months and electrifying views of lower Manhattan.
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Excellent lobster roll with pancetta. So many good choices on the menu though. My husband and I enjoyed the grilled peaches with buratta and honey too. Service was professional and friendly. Nice decor as well. Be aware that there is no parking on the pier or valet parking during lunch, so park at the South Garage across the street and get a voucher from the hostess.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

We return to one of our favorite water front eateries from a year ago and we couldn't wait to come back. Reservations are made at 7:30 PM and we were seated at a nice comfy large table for four. Waiting on us was KATRINA, who was patient, charming, and on top of her game. We ordered a few bottles of wine to start consisting of a I Castelli Pinot Grigio, a 2014 Beauhler Chardonnay, and a 2014 Ramey River Valley Chardonnay. All bottles were a breath of fresh air!!!
We ordered apps to start the night with a Romaine Wedge, Grilled Octopus, and Golden Beets and Blue cheese. I was lucky to taste all of the awesome apps which was tasty, fresh, and hitting the spot. I was really looking forward to my pasta entree.
For the main course we ordered two orders of Tagliatelle and little neck calms, Ricotta Gnocchi, and for me the Tagliatelle with the sweet sausage bolognese sauce, oh so good!!! All entrees were flavorful, nice serving, cooked right, piping hot and DELISH!!!
Over all, this place is a beautiful water front setting with a great view of the Freedom Tower. Nice decor, and with a guitarist/singer in the upper rafters echoing the high ceilings with soft music. Definitely a romantic setting. Great service from our Server Katrina, and excellent dishes from the chefs. We will be back!!!
Enjoy!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank msdet1529
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Batello has all night happy hour on Monday and Thursday with good price for beer, wine and appetizer. The view is amazing and during the summer you can stand in front of the local close to the water...this is a perfect relaxing night with friends or coworkers.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

WOW, from the hip bar scene, to the beautiful seating area, to the Amazing view and delicious food, its hard not to be impressed. This restaurant has it all. I have been 3 times recently, and the food has been consistently superb. Each time I have started at the bar, and was greeted by a friendly bartender, with an impressive amount of wines available by the glass. I will absolutely be heading back!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 4, 2017

the pastas here are very good, especially the one with crab meat. Both my gf and I loved it. The fish is also well-cooked.

Date of visit: June 2017