“Excellent take our bento box.”
Review of Sushi Palace

Sushi Palace
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

I ordered pork katsu for take out & was very impressed with the quality and quantity of the meal. Nice portion of breaded & fried thin sliced pork, rice, 2 pieces of shu mai, 4 pieces of sushi, miso soup and a salad. All for $9. I am a very light eater so ate less than 1/2. This meal was easily large enough a meal to fill the average person for lunch or dinner. They also have an all you can eat sushi lunch and dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I suppose if you've never had good sushi you might think this is good.

Service was good and friendly but the quality of the sushi is not particularly good.

They give you two order sheets one for the kitchen and one for sushi. Sometimes you don't get everything that you ordered on the first try and then have to try ordering it again on your next try. But I don't think that is the fault of the waitress.

I usually avoid all you can stomach (eat) type places and for good reason.
While this is certainly less disgusting than the typical all you can eat buffet it is definitely poor quality sushi.

As far as I can tell it wasn't spoiled and I probably won't get sick but it is budget sushi at best.

I recommend avoiding their Kitchen menu completely as that stuff is all garbage.

If you are looking for good quality sushi look somewhere else.

If quality is unimportant to you and you enjoy eating at Chinese buffets or Golden Corral then you will like this because you can order as much of this crap as you want for one price.

I'm giving this place 3 stars because the service is good but the food is two stars at best.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

The All You Can Eat menu is amazing! The selection of salads, soups, appetizers and sushi available for an extremely affordable price is unbelievable! Our kids loved the both the all you can eat menu and the bento boxes. If you have a big appetite or are just in the mood for good Japanese food...this is the place to go!

Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner tonight for the $20.95 all you can eat (&22.95 on weekends). I usually avoid these places but, a friend spoke highly of it. He also loves IHOP but, I thought I'd try it anyway.

Menu is pretty thorough with hot and cold appetizers, soup, salad, sashimi, sushi and maki as well as desserts. We started with a couple of seaweed salads, shumai, gyoza and yakitori.

Salads were good. Wife got the plain seaweed, I went for spicy which included some kani and. Spicy mayonnaise dressing. Shumai and gyoza were a bit disappointing as was the yakitori. They were thin and boring. An afterthought, really.

Sashimi was good. Nice heavy slices of fish. If I come back, I will eat 90% sashimi (this was really my plan but my wife ordered too many rolls so I ended up helping her. Rolls were light on fish and heavy on sweet sauces, which is really not my thing. A rolled drizzled with mango syrup is not what I am ever looking for. Sushi was good but, again, fish was thin and there was a marked difference in fat content between the sashimi salmon and the sushi salmon.

Dessert was ice cream; vanilla, chocolate, green tea or red bean and "fresh fruit" which translates to half an orange.

Overall, it was good. $21, we ate a bunch of decent fish and enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

Wife and I were shopping at Amish market and dropped in to try sushi. We were pleasantly surprised. Returned days later with 2 friends. We ordered all you can eat we all loved it planning to come back with our grand children.