“Love Lavallette!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lavallette
Tradewinds Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lavallette
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Tradewinds was clean, in a great location and reasonably priced. We stayed on the second floor above the pool and we never had a problem with noise. The pool is small but we went to the beach (you get 2 beach badges with stay). Honestly the rooms are average motor lodge rooms but they seemed to be quite spacious, updated and clean. Big Plus is that they are located next to The Colonial Bakery!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
carolyn m, Owner at Tradewinds Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank You Gina for the great review. We Love Lavallette too!! We are so happy to be next to the Colonial Bakery my favorite is the blueberry crumb buns and jelly donuts! Yummm!!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This was my first time staying at a motel in Lavallette as we usually rent houses. What a great find as it was neat, clean and the pool was immaculate. They provide badges for beach access which is a definite plus.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen D
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Rarely do I write negative reviews but my stay at Tradewinds was so unpleasant I had to share.
Pros: close to beach, rooms were large, plenty of parking
Cons: pool was tiny and closed early (730!), railings were so low on the 2nd and 3rd floor I was constantly afraid someone would fall over, beds were so uncomfortable and squeaky that I could not sleep because of the noise, housekeeping was horrendous all they did was remake the beds with your old sheets, I slept with sand in my bed it was so disgusting, carpets were never vacuumed and toilet paper never replenished. No shampoo or conditioner in room, AC did not get cold enough to cool down the room, soooo noisy, no phone in room.
I had a birds nest right outside the room that I told the front desk about 3 times about bc the noise was unbearable and kept me up from about 4am every morning. They had excuse after excuse about why they could not deal with the issue. "Sorry" was all I got when I spent over $600 to stay there over the weekend and could not get a good night sleep. I now need a vacation from my vacation.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank laurenm1414
carolyn m, Owner at Tradewinds Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

laurenm1414, I am sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay at the Tradewinds. Tradewinds Motor Lodge is a family run business and we take our reputation seriously . We pride ourselves in our yearly repeat business and want all of our customers to experience an enjoyable stay. During your time here I spoke to you three times and I was never made aware of any of the issues you have posted except for the chirping birds. I never herd any birds when myself and one of our staff members checked on the problem. Our air conditioners are cased in a sleeve and birds cannot enter the area. The Jersey Shore has many types of birds including seagulls and it is impossible to have control over chirping. To address your other concerns, we do provide two locations on the property for rinsing "Sandy Feet" after a day at the beach and use is recommended before entering your room or the pool. We switch out linens on stays longer then three nights but at Any Time a customer wants linens changed or needs extra room supplies or has a concern about cleaning we will address the issue in a timely manner. Our office staff is available 24 hours. Unfortunately the weather was unsettled during your stay and we were forced to close the pool due to Thunder and Lightning as were the beaches also. We would like to turn your review around to be one of our many favorable ones and we hope you return in the future..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed checked in on a Saturday and checked out on Monday. Hotel room was clean for check in and room was cleaned Sunday when we returned from the beach. Rooms are plenty big for family of 5 and have an oversized minifridge. Lots of places within walking distance bakery, pizza, breakfast) pool cleaned daily, provide a lot parking badge, have an outdoor shower and foot-bath, no laundry (there are laundromats nearby). Pool closes at 6pm. My only gripe was the noise at night; not sure if regular occurrence but the 2nd floor patio was loud as kids were outside playing beer pong until midnight. I would advise that you request a room away from the office and the patio.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
carolyn m, Manager at Tradewinds Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for all the very nice things you said about the Tradewinds. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and being very family friendly. Sorry you experienced some noise during your stay, but that is not a regular occurrence. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The Tradewinds is a very nice motel located about a block from the beach. The place is kept very clean and the rooms are quite big. They have a pool and lounge area as well as a balcony to sit and relax. The staff is very friendly and accomedating. There are also a number of placed within in walking distance to get breakfeast, lunch or dinner. Overall this is a very pleasant motel to vacation at. Will be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
carolyn m, General Manager at Tradewinds Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

On a last minute spur of the moment idea, we decided to head to the beach. Tradewinds had a vacancy, and were in luck!! From the initial phone call til we checked out the staff was extremely courteous and helpful! The rooms were all newly remodeled thanks to Super Storm Sandy. Everything was clean and beautiful. Our room had a great bathroom with an extra sink and counter in the main room which was helpful. The beach was an easy walk and very clean. We came home with a nice pile of Sea Glass too!! Another huge bonus was all of the delicious food choices all around us! Once we parked we didn't need to move the car again til it was time to leave. The foot washing area was nice and so was the pool! I highly recommend Tradewinds for your next trip to the beach!

Room Tip: 1st Floor has no steps! 2nd Floor has a noisy sun deck. Ask for a room furthest away from the office...