“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Courtyard Lebanon

Courtyard Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lebanon
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I'll admit that I had low expectations for this hotel. The hotels I usually stay in are in the four-star range (I'm a picky traveler), but this was the closest hotel we could get to our destination. I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is awesome! There's plenty of comfortable seating, some booths with their own flat-screen TV's, a bar area where you could get food/snacks and drinks, tables and chairs for eating or hanging out and two separate areas with more comfy seating, a large flat screen for TV viewing and a computer area. Very modern, clean, fun atmosphere. There was also a small market area in the lobby where you could buy snacks/water/juice/soda once the Bistro closed. Carpeting throughout the hotel seemed new, hotel is very clean, and the rooms had a nice desk area and comfy beds. There's a laundry area on-site, which was very clean and very helpful since we were in town for a baseball tournament and had dirty uniforms to wash. Staff could not have been nicer. I had better service here than in some of the 4 or 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Everyone was so pleasant. You could tell they all really took pride in their hotel. At one point, I was walking through the lobby with an empty juice bottle in my hand, and the front desk girl immediately asked if she could take it from me to throw away. Little things like that make a big difference in my opinion. Only disappointment was the pool. It is very, very small and, unfortunately, the hot tub was not working. The kids were looking forward to that. There is nothing to walk to from the hotel but plenty of things within a short driving distance. We were only there for one night, but it was a very pleasant stay. Without the great service and fun lounge area, I would have given this hotel an average rating. But those things bumped it up to a 4.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelerMom0
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lebanon

Reviewed 28 March 2012

After spending the previous night in another hotel that surpassed my expectations the Courtyard Lebanon was disappointing. I will admit the updated lobby is very nice and the staff is friendly. The room could use some updates. The hot tub was out of order when we checked in. The next morning the pool and the hot tub were both out of order. My toilet was clogged and I was told they would get me a plunger. Evidently they do not have anyone on staff that can take care of this.

The hotel had a very large group staying and the staff tried their best to keep things under control but it was next to impossible. We were part of a small group with seven rooms and had requested that we be put near each other. When I asked why we were put in the middle of the loud large group instead of with our small group I was told it was because we did not go through the sales office

At check out I was asked how everything was. I responded noisy, very noisy. The woman at the front desk said " yes I know". I guess I was expecting an "I'm sorry" or to be compensated with points on my card or something .

I travel extensively staying in hotels an average of 6 days a month every month. I rarely rarely feel the need to complain. The next time my travels take me to this area I will be looking for a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I have stayed at this location a couple of times. The service is consistantly fantastic. The rooms are clean and well maintained and have all the amenities that a good busniess hotel should have. The bistro is open till quite late at night and on the one occasion I did show up 5 minutes late they held the kitchen open for me, that was nice.

Parking is always available, the location is great - just off the HIghway (I-78).

The only reason it gets a 4 star from me is the internet connection. It is free, but painfully slow.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The hotel has the new Courtyard lobby including the Bistro. It is very inviting and nice. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a late night conference call with Asia and they made a conference room available for us for no charge since it was after hours and nobody was using it - that's customer service!

The bistro had decent food for breakfast - a little pricey but pretty good. The morning staff was also very friendly and attentive.

The one complaint I did have was that the wifi was painfully slow - not sure if it was a blip but it was almost dial-up type speeds!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The hotel was clean, ALL of the staff were friendly. Couldn't ask for more. The 'restaurant' isn't full-scale but the food (mostly light fare) was good, especially when you're tired after work. I'm beginning to really like this chain.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I wanted to share just a quick review. This hotel is down the street from my home. Recently, we had a power outage and felt like just "checking in." Of course, many people had this idea. I was surprised by how accomodating everyone here was...particularly b/c they were OVERWHELMED with people and requests. With the storm, their computers were having problems,too, and it was just mayheim. But, the staff did everything they could, they were just lovely. Our room was clean and large and the beds were SO comfortable. The hotel is modern and very nice. Rate was great, and the little bistro was enjoyable...they ran out of some food b/c of the amount of people there, but they handled it very well. I was impressed with them and will refer my out of town guests here before any other area hotels. Wonderful front desk employees!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We got stuck going over the bridges out of NYC on Sept. 9th. due to security checks for 9/11. A few hour trip took 6. I was so happy to see the Courtyard sign. Kim at the front desk was so nice and helpful. Booked us in quickly and let us know that grill was still open. Got a great grill type dinner and took it to the clean and beautiful room. It was such a nice end to a very traffic day. It is a lovely property.

Room Tip: Even though it is quick access to freeway, we were on the southern side and there was not even a hin...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
7.4 km away
Hampton Inn Flemington
#1 of 3 in Flemington
15.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to Courtyard Lebanon? Share your experiences!