“Pastries beyond compare”

Palermo's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Little Ferry
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 11, 2015

We bought a variety of pastries including cream puffs, cannoli, St. Joseph Pastries, and Chocolate mousse cups. NONE disappointed. My only regret is that I did not buy more.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Best Brick oven pizza I have ever had! Beautiful bakery goods also! Inexpensive prices. The owners are very nice and always ask how everything is. Delicious panini's also. I would think all the food is excellent .

Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

Off Moonachie Road, pizzeria is on ground level inside bakery, great pizza, nice selection of cakes and sweets, prices are moderate for sweets, good for the pizza, pizza is enough for 2- we had bbq chicken for $14

Reviewed July 11, 2015

i went there with my son to try the cafe and then buy some pastry. We ordered one of their small pizzas to share and he had a wrap and I ordered a meatball sandwich. The pizza was great but the wraps were decidedly under-whelming. They were very small for the price and I agree with one of the other reviewers who said the meatballs needed more sauce. I thought they were overpriced in comparison to some local pizzerias/casual Italian places. The pastries were very good and there was a huge assortment, but more expensive than the smaller selection but just as good ones at Jerry's in Englewood. I would only go back for a light snack of their small pizzas. Service was fair. We sat for a while trying to figure out whether someone would come to the table or whether it was a self-order at the counter. We had to ask someone to help us.

3  Thank CyprusMama
Reviewed July 8, 2015

I've been here about a dozen times now, eat-in, take out and bakery choices. The plain, thin crust pizza is wonderful. They usually have a platter of breaded chicken breasts ready made for sandwiches. On a few occasions I've purchase just the chicken to go. Sometimes I'm charged per piece, sometimes by weight, and once, I was told it's not for sale unless as part of a menu item. There often appears to be lots of staff milling around but they are chatting and not eager to serve. One exception to this is Annette. She is pleasant and anxious to satisfy. While the individuals making the pizza and sandwiches wear gloves, I've seen two sampling food. Hand to mouth and then making my order has put me off going here again. Call me fussy, but while this establishment has the look of a hygienic and service oriented cafe, it fails to deliver.