“The Standard is true Jewish Delis”
Review of Eppes Essen

Eppes Essen
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Livingston
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Growing up in Verona (the one in Jersey, not Italy), there was an Eppes Essen down the street in Cedar Grove... and that's where I learned the Joy of Jewish Deli Cuisine!

Overstuffed Pastrami on Rye, succulent Nova Lox & super-thin Sliced Red Onion on a fresh Pumpernickel Bagel, Matzo Ball Soup... Oy, vey! Even though I found other Delis close to EE quality in NYC... I still missed that place for years, till I got a Job in Eat Hanover & found one in Livingston!

Different location... same fantastic Qualty & Menu! Shalom...

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Delicious quality food! Something to eat for everyone. Whether it's breakfast, lunch, tailgating, family celebrations etc. there is something for everyone.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

They give you a lot but they are not cheap. Food is ok and I would go back if someone suggested it. Not much choice on kinds of bagels. Service is just ok.

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious. I enjoyed one of their specialty sandwiches, corned beef, Swiss, coleslaw and russian dressing. My wife had the Big Dog. The restaurant is a 36 mile round trip from our home but it’s worth the trip to Livingston, New Jersey. Yes it’s expensive but the food and the portions are worth it. We plan to make it a monthly habit. The restaurant is clean and spacious with a lot of parking front and back.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

A little expensive, but worth it. I can get food that I grew up with such as corned beef, pastrami, matzo ball soup, lox, bagels, etc. all very fresh. The smell when you walk in will keep you wanting more.