“Consistently good”

Thavma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Thavma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Thavma has been consistent with their food for the past 2 years (at least).
Saturday's specials - short ribs, and the crab cakes we both outstanding.
The lamb burger is always a safe bet too.

There are newer reviews for Thavma Mediterranean Grill

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here 3 times. Each time the food has been very good/excellent ! But the service & concern for the customer is lacking! Waiter was abrupt. Opened our wine & walked away. Came back maybe 3 min later to ask if we were ready to order. Had to send him away, because we weren't ready. Ordered our good. Salads were brought out. I asked for salt & pepper. I was half way through my salad before salt & pepper were brought out. I wasn't finished with my salad when dinner was brought out. Hurried much?! My husband's crab cakes were lukewarm. My scallops were fine. Waiter (Jack) never came out to ask us if things were ok or if we needed anything. Very disappointing! As an aside: the paper napkins are awful!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The food at Thavma is great. I recently went with a group of 10 ladies, and the food was so tasty. I had a mixed seafood platter, and it was so fresh. Everyone was talking about how good the food was. The prices are reasonable, and they give you a good portion.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The food was very good but the service was poor. Our order was not taken correctly. The appetizer was forgotten and we had to ask our server where it was. One dish was brought to the table but no one ordered. 3 of us were served our entree but the fourth was told here dish must have been given to another table. She had to wait while the rest of us ate. The food was fresh, tasty and well presented. The prices were fair considering the quality and quantity of food. It was quiet at 6:30 on a weekday but was very busy by 8. The restaurant has two levels and we were seated on the lower level directly below a large noisy party. Our server was friendly but not efficient. Perhaps he was new.

Alex D, Owner at Thavma Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Rona,
I apologize for your experience, I think I know which server you had and the young man is new, it is our fault however for allowing this to happen as for me, this is inexcusible. We make every effort to properly train new servers, but certain instances sometimes yield poor results. Thank you for your comment and I will address it. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Came here with a bunch of colleagues. We ordered Thavma chips, fried calamari and Tarama spread as appetizers.
The Thavma chips were made of zucchinis. They were not really memorable but the calamari was great. The breading was flavorful and the calamari was tender and not chewy. The tarama spread was probably inspired by taramasalata but I think their version of it to be a bit sour for my taste. They probably put too much lemon juice in it. But it was not so bad.
I ordered the chicken avgolemono soup and really loved it. For entree, I had the grilled calamari. I was a bit taken aback when I saw my entree. I originally imagined that I would get a dish with a whole squid cut and the shape preserved. But what they served was not in the shape of a full squid. However, the texture was great. Again, the squid was not chewy and really had a great flavor. The rice that came with it was also very flavorful. This dish also came with a Greek salad, which I enjoyed tremendously.
For the dessert, I think the coffee was a bit old and cold. But the baklava was huge! I jokingly mentioned to the waiter that it was a baklava on steroid.
Service is a four star -- above expectation. Our waiter was very engaging and attentive.
Food is a four star -- lots of flavor. Among the party, there was a Greek native and he told us that the food was very authentic and he liked it.
Value is a three star -- meets expectation.
Overall, a four star experience. I will be back with my friend.

One thing that I do want to mention is the floor. When I walked in the restaurant with my sneakers I could feel that the floor was a bit slippery. I think the management should take more time to make sure the floor is clean. Otherwise, it would be a safety hazard.