“Mediterranean BYOB in Lovely Little NJ Town”

Thavma Mediterranean Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Thavma Mediterranean Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Food and service are both very good. Ordered 6 luncheon appetizers and 3 salads to share among 3 people and there was plenty very good food for all. Atmosphere is average. Next time I'll take advantage of the outdoor seating but this time it was too windy a day. The grilled octopus is a must; I'll go back for that alone.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Thavma has been consistent with their food for the past 2 years (at least).
Saturday's specials - short ribs, and the crab cakes we both outstanding.
The lamb burger is always a safe bet too.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Have eaten here 3 times. Each time the food has been very good/excellent ! But the service & concern for the customer is lacking! Waiter was abrupt. Opened our wine & walked away. Came back maybe 3 min later to ask if we were ready to order. Had to send him away, because we weren't ready. Ordered our good. Salads were brought out. I asked for salt & pepper. I was half way through my salad before salt & pepper were brought out. I wasn't finished with my salad when dinner was brought out. Hurried much?! My husband's crab cakes were lukewarm. My scallops were fine. Waiter (Jack) never came out to ask us if things were ok or if we needed anything. Very disappointing! As an aside: the paper napkins are awful!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The food at Thavma is great. I recently went with a group of 10 ladies, and the food was so tasty. I had a mixed seafood platter, and it was so fresh. Everyone was talking about how good the food was. The prices are reasonable, and they give you a good portion.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The food was very good but the service was poor. Our order was not taken correctly. The appetizer was forgotten and we had to ask our server where it was. One dish was brought to the table but no one ordered. 3 of us were served our entree but the fourth was told here dish must have been given to another table. She had to wait while the rest of us ate. The food was fresh, tasty and well presented. The prices were fair considering the quality and quantity of food. It was quiet at 6:30 on a weekday but was very busy by 8. The restaurant has two levels and we were seated on the lower level directly below a large noisy party. Our server was friendly but not efficient. Perhaps he was new.

Alex D, Owner at Thavma Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Rona,
I apologize for your experience, I think I know which server you had and the young man is new, it is our fault however for allowing this to happen as for me, this is inexcusible. We make every effort to properly train new servers, but certain instances sometimes yield poor results. Thank you for your comment and I will address it. Hope to see you soon!