“Great Date Nite Dinner”
Review of Lithos Estiatorio

Lithos Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Lithos Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Livingston
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Eagle Rock Ave
Description: Greek Inspired Mediterranean Cuisine in a Modern and Warm Environment.
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We made reservations on line, very convenient. Dining room has a very calm decor, high ceilings with a two story fire place. Tables are spaced nicely, not too close together. I had the short ribs and it was cooked perfectly, nicely seasoned, hot, nice size portion and very tasty. My husband had the rack of lamb again tender, perfectly seasoned and delicious. The waitress was attentive but not intrusive. We are looking forward to going back again.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Very nicely decorated, a bit cold even after we requested the a/c be turned down, wish they'd have outdoor seating, surprised when empty wine glass was taken server didn't ask if I wanted another, food was good, surprised again when our red snapper to share was billed as two pounds; it was delicious, great having hand lotion in ladies room.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We have often dined at Lithos and enjoyed the delicious, authentic Greek food and peaceful atmosphere.

This past Spring, I had been dismayed by a staff turnover and less welcoming service. However, our faith in Lithos has been fully restored by two wonderful dinners in late July and early August with very welcoming service.

During our "break" from visiting Lithos in early Summer, I tried a number of local Mediterranean restaurants and several in the Mid-west and Canada on business trips. (I especially try to seek out Greek cuisines, which is a favorite, since it's fresh, healthy, and easy to find gluten-free pescatarian / vegetarian options.) in almost every case, I thought the food did not measure up to the flavorful and fresh standard I find at Lithos.

So- in short- I highly recommend Lithos! The food and service are top quality. My 92 year old mother and I really enjoy the peaceful atmosphere!

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Lithos was a wonderful choice for a special occasion dinner. Know up front that this is an expensive restaurant with excellent food, but it is not fine dining. It actually has tremendous potential to be fine dining by turning up the dial on service and overall experience in the restaurant from the moment you enter.

Our waiter was very knowledgeable of the menu and offered us some suggestions that turned out to be fabulous. You will not leave hungry. I would highly recommend grabbing some appetizers and drinks before you order your meal. It will help draw out your time and experience and make you feel like your getting your expenses worth.

We had the whole fish for two as our main and I could honestly say it's one of the best grilled fish dishes I have ever had.

Dessert was a baklava that was absolutely the greatest I have ever tasted and I am in the MiddleEast quite often so that's high praise.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

My family recently got back from Costa Del Sol and ate fresh fish almost every night. We loved it.
Never have I walked into a restaurant at 7:00 p.m. and have been told by the Hostess to "just sit anywhere". It shows a lack of class and concern for a guest. Even a Diner would show their patrons to a table. I've never been to the Olive Garden down the block but I'm sure they would have escorted us to our chairs.
The Shrimp appetizer was buried in sauce with the tails on. Very sloppy.
I ordered a whole fish and it was served as if it was made in a Panini press. In my good clothes I had to start prying a fish apart and ripping the backbone out. It was a mess. Needless to say I was disappointed with the total disregard that management of this restaurant has for good service and the comfort of its patrons.
Hopefully, this was just a horrible night and the owners have an epiphany.