“Great staff, excellent food, ample parking, makes for e great experience”
Review of Begum Palace

Begum Palace
Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Begum Palace is located right on the border of madison & chatham in staples plaza...Begum Palace has been serving local community authentic food for last 20 years. as of January 2016 Begum Palace has been under new ownership & has gain good credit in the community by providing quality food & service we deepika & sunil would like to thank our patrons for their patronage.
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Parking in Madison and surrounding towns can be a problem. Begum is in the plaza with Staples so there is plenty of opportunity to get a space. The interior is nicely appointed and the hostess and manager was welcoming, happy and really efficient. This woman worked the front of the restaurant taking orders, making thoughtful recommendations and clearly knew a lot of the clientele. Service from the kitchen was timely and presented in the traditional small pots. Our visit was mid week and by the time we left the place was filled with several large groups and lots of families or couples. Business was brisk because the food was excellent. The menu had an insert of specials which is nice to see despite already having a generous menu. We will return.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

My wife and I enjoyed our lunch here one Sunday. Although initially we were disappointed that that was not a lunch buffet, we were quite happy with the lunch special. While we did not have as big a variety of items of course as you would have with a buffet, there was plenty of food. A big bonus of not having a buffet was that everything was made fresh to order so we were able to get the spice level we prefer. Thus, the absence of the buffet actually was a bonus. My wife had lamb Rogan Josh and the lamb was tender and outstanding; perhaps the best lamb we have had in an Indian restaurant and years. Lamb has a tendency to be overcooked and tough. I enjoyed the chicken and spinach. The chicken was juicy and tender. We had ordered the food spicy and it came out just right. We each had an appetizer, nan, and dessert. The owner actually brought out two desserts for us both which were excellent and not too sweet. The owner was very pleasant and we enjoyed talking to him about Indian food. It is unfortunate that this restaurant is over 30 minutes from my house for if it were closer we would certainly be eating here or doing takeout every week. We highly recommend the Begum Palace.

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Sonny, one of the owners is a welcoming vivacious man with a great smile and style. He greets everyone like you are dinning in his home. We had " I'm not telling lamb" basil lamb, rosemary bread, and vegetable samosas . Everything was delicious, the best Indian food we ever had! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

My husband and I went here to have dinner around 7:00 pm. Since they were rated pretty high in the area and we craved Indian food, we chose it. They served dinner buffet , but we could order from their regular menu as well. We decided to have buffet for about $20. It included salad and desserts. Very nice people. I would come here regularly if I lived in Madison.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

There are not many Indian options near Hilton Short hills, so went to explore this place. Very nice food and service, I tried both Veg and Non-Veg options and the food was authentic Indian, and managed by Indians. Recommended.