All reviews front desk gas station room location woodbury commons every staff member business travel assistant manager free wifi busy highway convenient location bed and pillows one night stay would stay again nice pool short drive new york up to date
Reviewed August 26, 2018

Just VERY appreciative of the since care and interest from your staff to my friends and family. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well laid out. No one had a complaint about their visit. The location is perfect, close to everything you need to have access to, and the staff is Great. Will DEFINITELY be back at this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2018

The lobby and rooms are all clean. The decor is dated and would need a good update. We had only glaring problem with our room was that the shower curtain, while it looked clean smelled horribly of mildew. Breakfast is ordered at the counter with the standard bagels, scones, etc. They have a delicious acai bowl which is well worth the price-fresh and filling. The coffee is Starbucks brand. The people that manage the food area were very friendly and attentive. The location of the hotel on Route 17 is close to Route 287 and Route 4. We stayed towards the back of the hotel and did not hear the highway noise.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Took 4 rooms here to stay with my all of my married kids on a family outing. The location was perfect for where we were going. Very happy with the price, quality of rooms and amenities. Connecting rooms are convenient. Refrigerator in each room which was useful for us. Also had a nice pool that we made us of. Not much of a workout room - but pretty typical for this kind of hotel. i would recommend if you need to be in the area. Am marriott Platinum to got free wifi. Not sure if there is a charge in general

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

First the hotel. Conveniently located. Modern, clean, well appointed, with plenty of space. Great value. Next the staff. Friendly like they are greeting an old friend. Very happy to help, whether you need towels, directions to the many nearby restaurants or a ride to the airport. I forgot my phone charger in my room and they have made it very easy on me to arrange its return. Lastly, The Bistro. This is the only place I experienced anything less than excellent service. I was sitting at my table thinking I had never had a better bartender/server. Her name was Eva. When the bartender from the previous night started correcting her loudly enough that the patrons were exchanging glances. It was pretty uncomfortable. I belive He might have been her boss, but she was much better at providing an excellent customer experience. Candidly, he was a Neanderthal and could only have his job due to nepotism. I tipped her well and complemented her service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

The company I work for put me here while visiting the area. I stay in a lot of Courtyards and always know to expect a good stay. Checking was a breeze, my room was perfect, conference room was set up exactly how we asked for, (believe me, that’s not always the case despite submitting a drawing with the reservation) and the staff was very friendly. Valerie at the front desk is a cheery, bubbly woman who can’t do enough to make your stay perfect. I hope to stay here again when the company sends me back to the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Eric A, Events Specialist at Courtyard by Marriott Mahwah, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Hello, Ron D,

On behalf of all of us at Courtyard Mahwah, I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your extremely positive review of our property and associates, especially Valerie. We greatly enjoyed reading your comments!!! We hope that should you ever find yourself in the Mahwah area again, you visit our property. We would be delighted to have you back!!!

Sincerely, Eric Ackerman, Events Specialist