“This is NOT a Mexican Restaurant”

Latino Flavor Grille
Ranked #6 of 84 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Description: Latino Flavor Grille is a modern day latin american restaurant the specializes in all different cuisines from Columbian to Puerto Rican
Reviewed July 13, 2018

We discovered cloth-covered tables, interesting art from a local artist, and soft latin music in Latino Flavor. The location is in the little strip mall at the intersection of Rt 9 and Stafford Avenue that also includes Fusaro's Pizza (great pies) and Mueller's Bakery. Hours are from 10 until 8.

The menu was varied and demands return trips. Yes, there are tacos and quesadillas. But there are also paella, scallops, slow braised flank steaks and several great looking chicken items.

We received a basket of fried plantains and dipping sauce when we were seated. I asked if it was possible to get some grilled chorizo even if it wasn't on the menu and the answer was yes. Soup or salad was included. Both were special. The chicken soup had large amounts of shredded chicken in a well-flavored stock. My salad had jicama, greens, fruits and a great dressing. Our two entrees were the Latino Scallops (pan seared with a mango sauce) and Mojo Pork Chops. It was a tough choice because there were so many interesting options.

The menu shows lunch sandwiches, vegetarian dishes, salads, etc and a lot of unusual sides. This place demands return trips just to explore the menu.

3  Thank Chuck08005

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Had things to do this evening, so tried this restaurant. It started with fried plantains with the BEST sauce I’ve had in a long time. Next was a wonderful salad that came with the meal. My wife said it was beautiful! Then came the main course, Paella. Finally we had fried ice cream for dessert. The best! As we were enjoying the ice cream the chef went out the front door with scissors. He was collecting fresh herbs from the little garden in the front window. No wonder everything was GREAT!

3  Thank Joe T
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We used to frequent a restaurant in this spot that has since closed. I’m so happy they did because this new grill is VERY good! Everything we had was delicious. Fresh ingredients. The owner is a sweet man and very personable and appreciative of our choosing to try it out. Definitely will be returning but with my whole family.
I had the Al Pastor tacos and they were the best I’ve ever had hands down.
You have to give it a try- - you won’t be disappointed!
PS, I have no idea why someone would give it not a great review, some people would never be happy. We are foodies from Westchester County and a VERY picky husband and he loved it too!

2  Thank franrmom
Reviewed May 20, 2018

My husband and I dined at Latino Flavor Grille last night and loved it. A great find in a little strip mall off the beat and path and not too far from LBI. I liked the white table cloth touch. They started with a dish of fried plantains with dipping sauce. We shared wings for an appetizer. Then we had Paella and Rib Eye steak. The steak was served with an egg over easy with Avocado slices and fried pork rind with a side of red beans.....both dinners were unbelievably good! The portions were big, so looking forward to the leftovers. Great wait staff and everything was served piping hot. Should have tried this long time ago.

3  Thank Laura V
Reviewed May 19, 2018

We have been here three times and each time it’s delicious. The owner is a wonderful, personable man. Last time we ate there, it was a little late, the dinner rush was over, we were the only diners and they welcomed us with open arms. The food is fresh and flavorful. This has become our go to place when we can’t agree on anywhere else to eat!

1  Thank Fran116