All reviews beer garden front desk attached restaurant putting green short drive very nice stay mini golf would stay here again under renovation indoor pool visit family checking out fire pit rooms are clean coffee maker free breakfast beach haven
Reviewed August 4, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were treated very well, our room was lovely, our stay pleasant, the swimming pool and hot tub is lovely, but the staff make this hotel welcoming! Jess and Tess are quite a team at the front desk and helped make our stay enjoyable. L.J is very helpful and tries to be accommodating - which is very much appreciated. We will be returning soon!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor facing the street. We had a very comfortable stay.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LauraJean Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear thomas-Sommer,

We are pleased to hear of your recent stay with our property! Our guests are our number one priority and we value your feedback and comments. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was much more then I expected when I drove up. First time in the area and first time staying at this hotel. Stayed 1 night for work. The landscaping looks wonderful and the flowers were in full bloom. Arrived around 6:30-7 on a Tuesday and there was no where to park and the restaurant / outdoor beer garden looked packed. Drove around the parking lots 2 times before I grabbed a spot of someone who was leaving the restaurant. While driving around the back saw there is a ballroom, putting green and pool that opens to the outside in nice weather. Also saw people tailgating out of their pickup truck (strange).

Check in was quick and pleasant but not overly friendly and didn’t offer me any tips of the property.

Upon entering my room there was a strange odor in entry way but did not notice later. Room has a fridge and plenty of outlets in and around the bed. One thing missing... luggage rack. Bed and pillows comfortable although the air conditioner is super noisy and kept me up most of the night.

Ate dinner elsewhere with colleagues upon retiring around 9:45 pm (Tuesday)... was going to get a drink with my colleague and were told promptly to arriving to the beer garden (where approx 40 people were still enjoying) they did last call and we could sit here but had to order at the inside bar. Went inside (15 ft away) and were told they did last call but would give us one drink. Hmmmm....

Would have enjoyed a better sleep although I would consider returning.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kelby1021
Julie B, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you for your visit to the Holiday Inn Manahawkin. We truly appreciate you business and your comments.
We strive on our customer service and hospitality for our guests. We will address your comments that you have
mentioned. Thank you again for your comments and concerns.

Julie B

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Stayed here as it was close to a wedding we were attending. We arrived late, around midnight. Even then it took quite a while to check in. There was only one person working the desk and he was a very gruff, unwelcoming type. Not a good start. I popped into the bar for a quick beer before bed and it was full of drunks. The hotel itself though is fine. The wedding breakfast was good. It's just (some of) the front desk staff need to make the customer feel a bit more welcome. Also, they are not great at replying to email communication either - in my experience. I had to chase for a rely every time.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
GCH151, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Dear Swedensm,
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our most sincere apologies in regard to your experience during your recent stay. Your concerns are currently being addressed accordingly to ensure this does not occur again in the future. We hope to see you again and give our property another opportunity to show you delivering a great experience for our guests is one of our top priorities.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

This property was the best Holiday Inn that I've ever visited. It's clean, modern, and very comfortable.

My favorite part was the pillows. They have some that are labeled as 'soft' and some as 'firm' so you can create your perfect comfort zone. I'm not sure what brand of pillows those were so someone please tell me so I can buy them.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The attached restaurant, "The Main Land", offered a so-so breakfast for the price. Their breakfast reminded me of that which I can get for free at a Hilton property. The restaurant makes up for its lack of breakfast during their dinner service. I recommend their $5 Margarita pizza during happy hour!

My purpose for travel was business and I will recommend that my employer continue to use this property.

Oh and there's a nice pool, basketball court, bike and boogie board rentals, and a place to practice your golf put.

Ok, I'm done.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Raushan R
LauraJean Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Dear Raushan R,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our amenities and our restaurant. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 27, 2018

I can’t believe the changes in this hotel since are last stay a couple of years ago. They have a complete restaurant and bar area that exstens from inside to outside, with family game and play areas. Total upgrade outside of hotel, and I’m sure the rooms will get an upgrade soon. It is a pleasure to stay here, and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Each stay we have had a nice room.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
GCH151, Manager at Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Dear Robert O,
Thank you for your feedback and loyalty to our property. We are very excited to hear of your return visit and had the opportunity to see all of our upgrades and awesome changes. We look for to many more future visits to our hotel.