“Delicious Lunch in Local Restaurant En Route to LBI”
Review of El Tepeyac

El Tepeyac
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Manahawkin
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

First visit and very impressed with food quality and taste. We had two orders of soft tacos, which each included three tacos. Tried fish and chorizo el pastor (pork).

Decor is very simple, but fine. Appears to be a family-run business, including grandma. Only issue was a long wait, because of large take-out orders ahead of us.

Will return.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

The restaurant is small and understated, but is festively decorated and warm. I had the enchiladas rojas, which was delicious. As another reviewer has already mentioned, it does feel like you're eating dinner at someone's home.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is a tiny restaurant family run, they welcome you like family. Friendly warm and very comfortable. Reminds me of going to a friends home for mexican food. We started off with fried avocado, nice crispy and not greasy at all. It came with a chipotle sauce which was very good. Then I had a chicken chimichanga which was huge enough for dinner and lunch the next day. A side of beans and rice both were good. My husband had the burrito again huge so big he could not finish it. His was also accompanied by rice and beans. Both were served piping hot and you could tell freshly made. The home made salsa was good just needed some heat so I added some hot sauce the chips were good and plentiful. We will definitely go back again. The prices are good the serves is great.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

Forget about chain Mexican establishments and do your taste buds a favor when you find yourself in Southern Ocean County NJ. Located on the "old" (East Bay Avenue) highway parallel to Route 72 and situated in an unassuming former breakfast and lunch building, you will be pleased with both the cuisine and service available there. The owner / chef is talented and introduces you real cuisine as enjoyed by our neighbors on the southern border. The tastes and texture flair is simply amazing!

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Had a GREAT lunch! My wife and I had Chili Rellenos, one cheese and one beef. Both were excellent!!! We got there and we sat right down. They brought unlimited salsa and chips, no extra charge like other Mex restaurants in town! The wait was a little long, but they cooked the food from scratch. Not all prefab Mex food like other restaurants in town! The food was excellent! We liked the cheese better than the beef, but the beef was tender and delicious. That will be lunch for me tomorrow!!! I REALLY recommend this place. It only has about 15 tables so be patient. Or go after the rush hour. The price was VERY reasonable! We'll be there next week! Enjoy!