All reviewsporridgecakesconeson arrivaldinner reservationswonderful hostsport ellenfresh fruitwarm welcomehaggisper dayvisit islaytea coffeetraditional scottish breakfastcooked breakfastbreakfast was amazingmany thanks
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

My stay here was the one of most memorable highlights of my entire trip to Islay. The room was fantastic, but I can't believe how hospitable they were. I knew them for less than 24 hours, but I felt as if I was visiting family. And the breakfast was unbelievable. Almost overwhelming, but in the best way. I'll be sure to come back soon, especially to try their porridge! Thank you guys!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Emma C, Owner at Glenegedale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Jesse It was so lovely to meet you and have you stay here with Graeme and myself here at Glenegedale House. We are delighted you have a fantastic timer here on Islay and in particular enjoyed our hospitality here at Glenegedale House. We really love what we do which makes this job so easy and rewarding. Next time you must have the porridge ad that "magic" ingredient that just sets everyone up the best way possible for the day. Obviously accompanied by all the fruits, poached fruits, baked good and cooed breakfast. We want to make sure you all have happy tummies and a mind set for the day on Islay or adventures further afield. I hope you had a wonderful time in London and had safe travels back to The States.

Haste ye back to Glenegedale House soon

Reviewed April 7, 2017

This is my second year back at Glenegedale and who would have thought I could love it even more?! Thank you so much for providing lovely rooms, great food and a wonderful experience. My favorite spot in all of Scotland!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Emma C, Owner at Glenegedale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2017

Ms Angela M.....Thank you so so very much for this lovely review of Graeme and myself at Glenegedale house. We LOVE when you come and stay and it was so lovely to see you back again this year. We are already looking forward to catching up in 2018 if not before. It is always a pleasure having you stay and we are so glad you enjoyed being here too.

Haste ye back to Glenegedale House soon
Graeme and Emma x

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

A spacious homely place to stay with amazing views and a vast selection of fruits/cereal/yoghurts/juices followed by a perfect full cooked breakfast. Hosts are very welcoming and very knowledgable of the island. Would love to stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Emma C, Owner at Glenegedale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Craig A thank you so very much indeed for this great review. We are so happy you had a great time staying here at Glenegedale house and enjoyed all the small things we do to make Glenegedale House the way it is and to try and help all guests get the most from their holiday.

We hope to see you back again soon
Haste ye back to Glenegedale House

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at Glenegedale House. I returned to Islay specifically to returb to the hospitality of Emma and Graeme who are the absolute consummate hosts. The experience of this B&B is unmatched and the tone of the stay is set by good humor, an extraordinary breakfast spread, thoughtful guidance, and endless kind gestures. I will always come back to Islay and always smile when thinking about Glenegedale House.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so very much Danielle for taking time to write this review. We are so grateful for each and every review that is written like yours. Both Graeme and myself work so hard to try to make sure every guests has a wonderful time but this sometimes can be more difficult on a second and more stay as expectations can be higher so we are so thrilled you enjoyed your second stay so soon after your first. It is testament to us that you have made the journey from California twice in six months to islay to enjoy our hospitality and home. We love that we helped create some memories with yourself and your friends, We love sharing the best bits of Islay and as indigenous islanders this makes it so much easier to share stories about local areas that myself, my parents and great grandparents have shared with me and in turn I can pass onto you about our island.

We hope to see you again soon
haste ye back to Glenegedale House

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Emma and Graeme were so incredibly welcoming, we wished we were staying for 2 weeks! Every detail of the B&B was perfect. From the cozy nooks with built-in bookshelfs and the beautiful decor to the fantastic breakfast spread and the freshly baked banana bread that Emma and Graeme would pack for us to take as an afternoon snack. Emma was full of helpful tips for how to make the most of our trip and the entire family was a pleasure to be around. The beds were comfortable, the view and property were incredible. I would give this place a 6 out of 5 stars if I could!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Emma C, Owner at Glenegedale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Katherine R, Thank you so very much for the fantastic review of your stay with Graeme and myself here at Glenegedale House. We strive to make your time here on islay the best it possibly can be and that can range from finding a wee nook and cranny to relax in or to enjoy some time touring and we are always happy to help with suggestions and booking these to make the most of your time and get the best possible ones available. We also love to make sure all our guests have full tummies with the best of foods that Islay, Argyll and Scotland have to offer.

We really do hope to see you all again very soon and hope that you had a great time in Edinburgh.
Haste ye back to Glenegedale and Islay