“Date night”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic date night with my husband on a busy Friday night. It was very crowded. We had a great local beer and our waitress Kayla (spelling?) was THE BEST. She was very sweet and patient with us. So many choices I could barely make up my mind. I definitely recommend visiting here.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This place is my go to they have a ton of beers on tap. The bartenders are extremely friendly and there cheese burgers are the best in the county

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

No long waits. Services is on par. Food is good. Drinks are awesome and beer. Good place to father indoors or out.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

So they had a great beer assortment. I have to imagine one of the best in the area . Service was prompt and pleasant. Atmosphere was good . The place was fairly empty . The waitress kept the drinks coming and the food was good . The burger was slightly over done and I have had better . All in all this is a solid choice .

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch after Wheaton Glass because it is located in the town, supposedly an arts center, I guess because of the glassmaking history of the area. We like small towns that succeed despite the strip mall / big box world we live in. Sadly, the Glasstown Arts district has a handful of nice stores, but far more vacant ones. Apparently, the Savoy Theatre across from the pub is making a go of it.

Sorry, this is supposed to be a restaurant review, isn't it? The Old Oar is a nice place. Friendly staff, adequate lunch menu, good food and about twenty beers on tap. While I wouldn't make a special trip, I think you'll be satisfied with the experience.

Date of visit: July 2017