“Small but tasty plates”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Joined a friend for lunch/brunch. The menu is limited but has plenty of options for the vegan/vegetarian crowd (which we are not). We shared two of the snacks, which yielded a couple bites a piece. For my main, I had the brioche french toast, which was a single piece, but very good. Overall, this is a quaint place with tiny portions. The seating is very cramped and service could definitely improve, but the menu is fresh and dishes are well done.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

What choices!!! You and your Vegan friends can delight at this restaurant that offers amazing meals for all dietary needs. Best duck tacos I ever ate and zucchini spaghetti for my vegetarian friends.
Price moderate- well worth it.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We were regular customers but BEWARE!
I was overcharged by $50. on Sunday. The manager called me late in the evening to discuss which I found disrespectful. Christine the manager/ owner was combative with me blaming my bank not her employees. She took no accountability and was rude. We both obviously have the receipt and know of the error, however she did nothing about it. She could have easily just credited me and been done with the matter. Bad business. Very sneaky overcharging so be careful. Check your bank statements!

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank NY C
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Le Salbuen Cafe is located amongst the burgeoning restaurant scene on Walnut Street, and it holds its own. A small place (maybe a dozen tables) with an artsy ambience, the focus is on the food which is quite good. The menu offers an eclectic assortment of choices with the accent on locally sourced and often healthy items. On this particular visit I had an Indian chicken curry with basmati rice and vegetables which was outstanding -- a flavorful and ample portion. My wife had one of the burgers which she said was good. The coffee is notably excellent as well. As there was only one server for all the tables, the service was a bit strained (though understandably so); I would hope this was an aberration from the norm. I would certainly go back again to try some of the other interesting dishes.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2017

With a vegetarian in the family, we have come to this small restaurant numerous time - for dinner and breakfast. Pros: good choices and flavors for vegetarians, which is rare in this town. Excellent quality burgers as well. I can eat them without the unhappy aftermath of digesting cheap burgers. Cons: service is unsmiling and uncaring, not to mention slow. Went there as a family. One person ordered a medium rare burger and received one that was still bleeding. While the rest of us consumed our meals, no one came by despite several attempts to flag down the wait staff. Someone went inside to ask that the burger be returned to the kitchen. She was told "hold on, I am talking with someone." They were not talking about service. Just chatting. And still, he did not come to the table for several minutes, by which time the rest of us had finished our meal. It was enough to make me question coming back.

Date of visit: August 2017