“Awesome new location, amazing donuts!”

Montclair Bread Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Montclair
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We travel here just for the donuts. This morning's choices: coconut cream, jelly, nutella, and tres leches. All were excellent, as usual. We picked up some bread as well.

They have a rotating selection of donuts and run out of many varieties early on so get there early. The "plain" (unfilled) donuts are pretty dry and not very good so avoid those. Also, don't take the display ones at any costs! We took on the first time we were there and were totally disgusted when we saw a man poking at and breathing on the display donuts the next week. Gross! They shouldn't offer those for sale.

The bread is good but VERY chewy, never super soft so beware of that. Overall, worth a trip but it's not fancy by any means.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

After seeing the photos of the doughnuts on their website, I made it my mission to get here and have one. I would not rest until one of these amazing looking sugar bombs made it to my mouth! The store is super cute and the staff is very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately the Nutella doughnut and the almond croissant were chewier than bad steaks! There is no fluffy, airy quality. I have been dieting and I didn’t even finish this cheat meal because it wasn’t worth it. I have never had anything else, and I almost feel bad giving them 2 stars because the place was adorable and I wanted to LOVE it! If you are in the area, stop by and check it out, but avoid those doughnuts at all costs. It’s a bread company for a reason.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 6, 2017

stopped in later in the day to check the place out staff was underwhelming and the product was limited but when i got home the quality was spot on

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

TMBC...The Montclair Bread Comapny. Is the newest Donut in town. Though they have been around for the past 5 or 6+ years; they bring a different flare to the Ordinary donut!
Large flavorful donuts and speciality breads....teas and coffees and sandwiches and soups!!!
Per- say....I'm not a "sweet eater or "desert addic"....but every so often will stop by to see what's in the oven.
The soups are fresh and tasty.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank OurTripTip4U
Reviewed February 26, 2017

These donuts are well worth the price. The pumpkin cream cheese donut was delicious They also have a donut with chocolate shavings on top that will make you cheat on your diet. The best donut place in New Jersey in my opinion.

Date of visit: January 2017