“Great Mediterranean food, excellent service”
Review of Mishmish Cafe

Mishmish Cafe
Ranked #2 of 214 Restaurants in Montclair
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Dashed in to Mishmish for a last-minute spur of the moment dinner. Although we got there 10 minutes before they technically close, the staff were welcoming and didn't rush us. The food was excellent, service prompt and attentive, I would definitely go back for a more leisurely visit (they didn't pressure us at all, we just didn't want to keep the staff late). We were hungry and over-ordered (the portions are generous) but the leftovers made a great lunch the next day.
I started with black bean avocado salad (a meal in itself!) and my vegetarian husband ordered french fries with feta, which were crispy and tangy and too good for me not to try. He also had the halloumi and pan con tomate, good but the bread could have been a little crispier. As a main course he had the vegetarian Sabich "tacos" on mini-pitas, also good but not outstanding. My main course was one of the "Mishmish Hummus Classics", Gordon Beach Tel Aviv with fried fish and grilled wild shrimp over hummus, and was terrific except the shrimp came with head and shell and it was a little messy trying to peel it. Worth it for the taste, though. We didn't have dessert but the coffee was good - next time the special vanilla pudding has my name on it.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

A nice local restaurant that I would not hesitate recommending to friends. The food is delicious, and the ambience is casual. Have been back a few times. The amish chicken is flavorful and the frites are crispy. Check out their specials, they do not disappoint.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Small restaurant serving a taste of Mediterannean food. Menu is simple, easy to understand and the service was excellent! Lots of unique dishes here you would not find elsewhere. Lamb burger was excellent as was the lamb sausage. Lots of salads as well! Very casual atmosphere, Parking via street meters and garages. Will definitely come back when in the area.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We recently took the advice of some friends and tried Mishmash Cafe. The food was excellent, as well as the very attentive and pleasant wait staff. We enjoyed every morsel of our meal. The only thing keeping me from giving a five is the lack of adequate air conditioning and the tight squeeze of the tables.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I had a salad with chicken, at first they forgot the ordered chicken. When the chicken arrived it was dripping in oil. Not a pleasant lunch.

1  Thank j b