“Perfection!”
Review of Bruno's Bistro

Bruno's Bistro
Reviewed July 30, 2018

There are very few restaurants I would go back to, even if they are good, I try many different places so duplicating is rare...but I would definitely return here. I never liked this location, set so far back from the road its sort of out of sight out of mind - but if you want to dine on the sidewalk outdoors on a nice evening - it makes for a very nice spot being so far from the road. The food was excellent. We had 2 appy's the meat balls (which let me tell you, being Italian I RARELY order meatballs - but glad I did, they are served in a little ricotta mixed sauce and mozzarella melting on top, not gooey but gently melted- 3 large ones for only $8.95) Claims Oreg - awesome) Salads were good, I got one of the special salads of the night, with shrimp, tom, avocado on spinach...served in a circle - like when you make it in a mold...delicious...by this point I was stuffed...Entre for myself was sole francaise which was divine..and if you make changes they are very nice about it. My date enjoyed his veal with mushrooms in the demi glaze... They are very attentive, stopping by often (almost too often but not quite) to check that we were happy. Owner even came by out of the Kitchen to see how we were enjoying our choices. I have to tell you, by time we left we knew everyone by first name, they are the nicest people I have ever met owner, bus boy waiters like this- running a restaurant. They took the time to get to know and greet people as they came in. Food was awesome, I heard they were good, and we had reservations and the place was crowded but at no point did we feel rushed or crowded. Just perfect. They are doing a great job for this small BYOB. They are open one year. and I wish them a lot of luck but the word is already getting around, that's why I went and I am passing it on to everyone too.

3  Thank June R

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Driving around one day we stopped by and had a nice chat with the owner. They were just between lunch and dinner and the outside terrace surrounded by flower pots and greenery provided a nice background to the freshly set up crisp white tablecloth covered tables. As we found out, they opened for business about a year ago ....

We returned a week or so later on a beautiful warm night. We made reservations that day to make sure we had a table outside on the terrace. A nice table for two was reserved for us and we were warmly welcomed.
To start, we were served really delicious hearty and crisp crust bread and a small dish of olive oil with pesto to dip the bread. It is easy to overdo it with the bread, if it is good, it always seems like the best part of the dinner.

We ordered and shared Calamari with excellent Fra Diavolo Marinara Sauce and Cesar Salad. Both were excellent. We took our time enjoying our food and when our entrees arrived we were almost already full.

My husband liked his Veal Marsala with a scoop of mashed potatoes and a bit of vegetables, and I enjoyed couple of bites of the Eggplant Parmigiana served with pasta. The large serving was a little bit overwhelming for me, really, really full plate.
Both entrees would have been enough for us to share, but it is a mute point, as we most likely would not agree on only one selection.
We did share a large bottle of Pellegrino ....they put it in an ice bucket next to the table as if it was a pricey bottle of wine:)

I did like all the other elegant touches too, the heavy white linen tablecloth and napkins even in the outside terrace area and the higher quality silverware. With this setting the owners created an ambience that reminded us of our dining experiences in Europe. We had a friendly chat with the European owners about our travels.

We did not sample any of their desserts, we were just too full to even share something. Maybe next time...

Oh, and as we found out the restaurant is BYOB, we saw people coming in "prepared"...
We will be back ....

5  Thank Wenovo
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Greeted by friendly and attentive hosts and then given a wonderful dining experience. The food is delicious with items not often found in other Italian restaurants. The stuffed artichokes were absolutely delicious. The wait staff are pleasant and helpful. The owners are friendly and approachable. I really fine meal.

1  Thank nana1042
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

I just arrived home from Europe with tablecloth meals each night! Heaven continues with this Morris Plains Gem. The food was excellent and service attentive to details. Wait staff handsome adding to the authentic ambiance. Come and be seen listening to bygone era crooners. I LOVE New Jersey and al hardworking superstars. Prego

2  Thank Anna G
Reviewed June 24, 2018

We had a nice dinner enjoying the beautiful summer evening on the terrace. The food was good, but not exceptional. We had ordered an appetizer to share, but the entrees came first, so we canceled the appetizer. My husband and I ordered Veal Parmesan and Chicken Marsala. The portions were a nice size,served with past, but not as good as we’ve had elsewhere. The four adults shared Tartufo for desert, and we enjoyed that.